Cut the BS ( or whatever your current name may be)

Help Support Steer Planet:

AndersenClubCalves

Dear cut the bs,

I have no clue who you are or what your back ground is but I really don't appreciate all the negative stuff you put on steer Planet. Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say don't say it all. It's my understanding you don't like "club calves ", well I guess we all have our opinions don't we but that doesn't mean we have to talk sh!t evey time some body post something about them. You are quite the hypocrit in my opinion you name being cut the bs made me lol cause it fits you so perfectly you really should cut all the bs that comes out of your mouth. Now if you would kindly gain a little bit of respect for people I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. if this was Facebook I would just block you but unfortunately I can't to that. Everyone deserves a second chance to prove who they are heres yours.

showsteerdlux

AndersenClubCalves said:
Dear cut the bs,

I have no clue who you are or what your back ground is but I really don't appreciate all the negative stuff you put on steer Planet. Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say don't say it all. It's my understanding you don't like "club calves ", well I guess we all have our opinions don't we but that doesn't mean we have to talk **** evey time some body post something about them. You are quite the hypocrit in my opinion you name being cut the bs made me lol cause it fits you so perfectly you really should cut all the bs that comes out of your mouth. Now if you would kindly gain a little bit of respect for people I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. if this was Facebook I would just block you but unfortunately I can't to that. Everyone deserves a second chance to prove who they are heres yours.

Listen folks, I've met Jody before and in my opinion he is an upstanding honest fellow that knows a good bit about cattle, and has been there and done that a good bit more than a lot of people that are on here raising a stink. I don't see where you people are getting that he is being negative at all. If he believes there is bs, he calls it out. Is there a problem with that, not in my mind. I think there are a few people on here (not naming names) that need to get their big boy panties on and quit whining every time someone doesn't agree with them. I saw CarleyE responded to this post, and I see that as funny as they just got educated for lack of a better term in a previous post this week.

Welcome to the cattle industry. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Yea, I just opened that can of worms, so basically, shut up and quit whining because you think somebody is starting something.

Also, I see you have been a member here round about 8 months. There are a good many of us here that have been around 4 years, and frankly, the whining and bs from folks like you have gotten old here lately. Feel free to go ahead and knock my karma down, I'm not to worried.

kfacres

(clapping)

just fyi... nc....

my karma went from 40 something, to negitive numbers in just a few short days once...

Don't worry, I'm right there with ya!  I find enjoyment in it (my karma reduction)...  For someone to think that's hurting my feelings... well I guess-- tough luck..

Does anybody even look at karma anymore anyways?  Heck, I've seen posts where people ask what the F is it?

OKshorthorn

showsteernc said:
Welcome to the cattle industry. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Yea, I just opened that can of worms, so basically, shut up and quit whining because you think somebody is starting something.

Also, I see you have been a member here round about 8 months. There are a good many of us here that have been around 4 years, and frankly, the whining and bs from folks like you have gotten old here lately. Feel free to go ahead and knock my karma down, I'm not to worried.

I suppose one could re-arrange this part of your post, just for fun of course, to look something like this.

Welcome to the online forum industry. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. Yea, I just opened that can of worms, so basically, shut up and quit whining because someone has a different opinion of a poster than yourself, thats not how online forums work. This forum was created to be an avenue of information, can you look back and think about your past posts and honestly say that you have given good information when needed, and kept your mouth shut like an adult when necessary?

Also, since I have been around here for 4 years and you lowly peasant have only been lurking 8 months, you don't have the right to question a poster that has been on here providing useful knowledge to every single poster he sees fit.  Feel free to go ahead and knock my karma down, i'm a cynical, cut the bs type of guy that only care what others think when it benefits me.

rackranch

All you do with post like this is feed the troll...You guys are the ones that keep him fat and happy and as long as he knows he can push your buttons with his keyboard he is going to.  As a matter of fact he enjoys it.

My advice, if you dont like his post, stop responding to them.  Stop feeding the troll

<deadhorse>

YD

How do you people take this guy seriously?  He raises frame sheep...I mean come on.  If that's not being out-of-touch within an industry, than I don't know what is!

kfacres

I must applaud you all... Glad to see I'm a topic of discussion, that's getting quite heated..

My question for YD, seriously "frame sheep", talk about being out of touch...  nobody but idiots and wether jocks have called it that for years.  Big sheep are three dimensional, quite a bit more than even some of these 'club calves' that are so popular within this board...

When a person can sell 2 and 3 month old ram lambs, weighing 60-100 pounds, for over $2. a pound every day of the week... Tell me that's impractical...  When a person sells breeding stock into 18 states, plus Canada, and had inquiries from other country's-- tell me that's bogus....

I think this is awesome- more public exposure for me...

Maybe I should stick a link to my farm's website on here-- that would take my daily viewings through the roof; and I'd be able to track down each person who visited it- and tell exactly how long, and which pages they clicked on.

YD

(lol)

Yes, it's very practical to raise frame-type sheep with $6.00 corn  ::).  Instead of actually judging breeding stock on whether they are functional, have adequate power, and then the balance to tie it in together, we'll just leave the hair on them, card 'em out, and then get out the measuring stick to determine if they have any merit.  Pathetic really.

Alas, I suppose I am just an "idiot" by your standards, along with anyone who actually tries to "breed" better stock, not just whip out the yard stick and scales.

LLBUX

I agree with the original poster.  There is no need for anyone to be so aggressive and/or sarcastic in replying to serious posts.

It reminds me of classic bullying I see in my Junior High students.  The loudest and most aggressive kids shut down the kids who
want to learn or perform.

We all love showing cattle and should respect each other for it.    Opposing opinions can be presented without getting personal or sarcastic.
It's called having class and mutual respect for those with similar interests.   

I showed my first steer 45 years ago.    I have a lot to learn about modern show cattle and rely on this forum for help.   
I appreciate the help several of you have given.       

kfacres

YD said:
(lol)

Yes, it's very practical to raise frame-type sheep with $6.00 corn  ::).  Instead of actually judging breeding stock on whether they are functional, have adequate power, and then the balance to tie it in together, we'll just leave the hair on them, card 'em out, and then get out the measuring stick to determine if they have any merit.  Pathetic really.

Alas, I suppose I am just an "idiot" by your standards, along with anyone who actually tries to "breed" better stock, not just whip out the yard stick and scales.

really?  You have no idea about us, and have obviously never seen our website...

1/2 pound a day, for 3 months a year of co/ by product feed-- really doesn't have anything directly involved to $6.00 corn. 

Grass for as many months a year as a sheep can graze, is no different than what our cows eat...  But I tell you what, I'd rather sell 4x as many $2.00 lambs, than I would calves for buck and half. 

dimebag

Not to feed the Troll but , i tend to agree with LLBUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well , except for showing my first steer 45 years ago , it's only been 30 years ago for me .

AndersenClubCalves

Well Jody i honestly didnt mean to cause quite a stir although i shouldve know it would. I dont really care what kinda of animals you raise, but im sure you worked really hard to get whatever type of operation you are running. And i personally have never insulted you and you have never insulted me but i have been seeing lately some post that were for lack of better words rude. And just like you, im sure those people worked hard build up their herd of whatever they may be raising. Constructive criticism is one thing being rude is another.

showsteerdlux

LLBUX said:
I agree with the original poster.  There is no need for anyone to be so aggressive and/or sarcastic in replying to serious posts.

It reminds me of classic bullying I see in my Junior High students.  The loudest and most aggressive kids shut down the kids who
want to learn or perform.

We all love showing cattle and should respect each other for it.    Opposing opinions can be presented without getting personal or sarcastic.
It's called having class and mutual respect for those with similar interests.   

I showed my first steer 45 years ago.     I have a lot to learn about modern show cattle and rely on this forum for help.   
I appreciate the help several of you have given.       

LLBUX,

I totally agree with you regarding the mutual respect. However, if you'll read my post (maybe I wasn't clear enough), the main reason I responded to this was because I felt that a poster was being attacked personally and after watching the way the board had been the past few weeks, I felt as if I should put my 2 cents in. I feel that this should be a learning community for all involved, but when you get people on here that are bringing topics like this to the board, because they felt as if someone was rude, what does it help. Now am I claiming to have been professional in every post on here, absolutely not. However, if I feel as if there is something taht should be responded to in this nature, I'm usually one of the 1st to go ahead and get it going.

Andersen, I think there was a reply deleted in between mine and yours. For clarification, I was not jumping your case, more of that from another poster who in my mind has been a smart alec for lack of a better term, and I went and blurted off.

My apologies to you personally if you felt this was rude.

JD

Hyper Intake

My 2 cents....if you put something up on an internet forum like this, you should be prepared to be criticized and take a beating, as well as hearing back some good things. If you cant handle what other people have to say then don't post something on here, just plain old common sense.

kfacres

(clapping) <party>
Hyper Intake said:
My 2 cents....if you put something up on an internet forum like this, you should be prepared to be criticized and take a beating, as well as hearing back some good things. If you cant handle what other people have to say then don't post something on here, just plain old common sense.

jason

Many of you have been around enough to know that I don't censor opinions.  HOWEVER if an individual is going out the way to harass another member or it is deemed to be in bad taste, I will take action.

A forum is interesting social experiment; its not face to face, not over the phone, not linked to your personal identity on facebook - it can be a truly anonymous way to express your opinions. 

We don't have to all get along, but there is reasonable expectation to treat others with a certain level of respect.  My best advice is ignore others who touch that last nerve.  Doesn't mean you counter argue them, just keep it above the belt.