cyclone trace sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

indianaclipper

so what do you guys think about lot 11 D bringing $139,000 and 11 E  bringing $110,00, crazy numbers

akaacattle

indianaclipper said:
so what do you guys think about lot 11 D bringing $139,000 and 11 E  bringing $110,00, crazy numbers
[/quo    Were those heifers out of that Mindemann max rosa cow?

justintime

indianaclipper said:

These four full sib ET heifers were amazing!  It was real bidders who were bidding with real money.There were probably 20+ bidders still in at $40,000, and I counted 5 people still bidding at $115,000. Four were still in at $125,000. Personally, I thought the second heifer was maybe the best, and she may have brought even more if she had sold first. As far as these buyers being crazy, I have no problem with it,as it is their money and they can do whatever they want with it. I've seen 100,000 + dollars wasted in worse ways many times before.
Despite the high prices, I thought there were some great buys to be had especially in the bred heifers. They probably had the best set of bred females that I have seen in any of their sales so far. Some of them sold for reasonable money. Many were in the $2000-$3500 range. There were also some pretty neat heifers that sold in the $3000 range. I don't understand why more people don't try to gooble up the bred females and try to breed some heifers of their own. Many of them were bred the same way as the prospect heifers were.

The Cyclone Trace crew did an amazing job getting these cattle presented. I thought that the heifer prospects were the best set I have ever seen in any sale... anywhere. As per usual, the hospitality was exceptional ... great cattle presented by great people... which is usually a recipe for success. I expect a few more records will fall on Sunday at the Sullivan sale.

indianaclipper

i never said the buyers were crazy, I said those are crazy numbers, I have worked Angus sales were cattle have brought $100,000 plus, i just meant that in todays economy those are crazy numbers, i seeen the cattle there at CYT a few weeks ago and they were awesome.

indianaclipper

i thought 10 A for $5500 was a good deal, and 12 B for $3500 was a deal her full sister brought $10,500 a little earlier in the sale