dark room for cattle in florida

Help Support Steer Planet:

bringing purple

In youlls opinion, in a 10x10 stall would it be better to put up shade cloth all the way around  or heavy duty tarps. With multiple fans on the inside sucking air in from vent and blowing the air around with a mister on one fan. The hot Florida heat makes it hard to grow hair in the summer without good genetics for hair. Or would it be better to just leave the stall totally open with fans?? Opinions greatly appreciated!

PennMutual

Genetics, rinse often, show sheen and blow more often.  mist and florida and humidity may give you lung problems. Did I mention rinse often?

Bradenh

we are in texas so i can relate to you temperature issues, we have a barn with 3 sides covered in sunshades and 1 side open where the fans are sucking air, it definatly isnt dark but if you keep the direct light heat off them i think thats all you need, seen plenty of cattle have acess to sunlight and grow hair as long as it isnt burning the hair off, but the theory about it irritating their eyes: isnt signigicant enough to make a difference

KSUwildcat2009

PennMutual said:
Genetics, rinse often, show sheen and blow more often.  mist and florida and humidity may give you lung problems. Did I mention rinse often?

Don't forget to brush!!!!