Daughters NHR Shortie 4 months along

Help Support Steer Planet:

txshorthorn

She is four months along and looking really nice, to me anyway.

Attachments

• chloe 4 months.JPG
    chloe 4 months.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 248

NHR

She is looking real good! (clapping)

Keep an eye on her weight to make sure you don't have any calving issues.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

index.php

Chloe is looking like she is going to make a really nice female for you txshorthorn.

@rackranch im really excited about your NHR Cumberland Duchess having her first calf. What bull is she bred to?

txshorthorn

She is bred with Jake's Proud Jazz.
She goes back as followed;

whr billy crustal
                                                  whr billy cumberland
                                                                        wr4 cumberland rodeo
Chloe = NHR cumberland lisa 2a
                                                                        whr sharp dressed man
                                                  ry bernadette
                                                                        whr lisa

goes on back to more cumberland, rodeo drive, lisa, & trump

rackranch

She is bred to an Ali son called Thriller...I thought she was bred after the second try and when she came back in heat after 23 days he was all we had left in the tank.  We will go back pure bred in December. 

Since you know her bloodline so well which bull would you use on her to add a little more frame and depth of body?

J

JTM

Nice heifer,  definitely has some flesh on her. Are you feeding her grain or is she out with the cows and has that condition? I think you will be pretty happy with the JPJ out of that cow.

NHR

rackranch said:
She is bred to an Ali son called Thriller...I thought she was bred after the second try and when she came back in heat after 23 days he was all we had left in the tank.  We will go back pure bred in December. 

Since you know her bloodline so well which bull would you use on her to add a little more frame and depth of body?

I sent you a PM regarding breeding decisions.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

I agree with JTM, the JPJ calves we have had out of the WHR 3/4 brother to Sonny daughters have really done well for us. The heifer on my avatar is a JPJ from a cow that is out of the same bull or a half sib to TxShorthorn's and rackranch's soon to calve heifers.

@rackranch a thriller calf out of your heifer sounds like it will make for an exciting breeding for a shorthorn plus. Yours is more of a Trump X Vortec so your breeding options are a lot more diverse. We have had good luck with bringing the Trump back in a tic with something like a Bloodstone brother or CF Solution son. For example CF Phoenix, HD Big and Rich, Sull GNCC Salute or CF Ringo to bring the Trump back in bit. On the other hand i would say you could use a bull that has the Trump X Vortec breeding with using  HI View's Ace of Diamonds this breeding could also make for good looking shorthorn calf. And last if you just want to breed for a really cow like ground sow you cant go wrong with NPS Durango 774 he is just really good at producing quality females.
So many choices, when it comes to rebreeding in December. Good luck to you and TxShorthorn with calving and let me know how it goes.

mark tenenbaum

I would breed her to GB Daybreak Express:eek:wned by Werning Simms.-hed work real well with the Trump Rodeo,with Byland Dazzler-Maine and-Lincoln Red in his background.His sire,Byland Dazzler was one of the first THICK moderate bulls in the early 90s-sired and grandsired several national Champions-15-18 years after his birth,is still in use,and is arguably the best all around commercial-show producing Shorthorn bull that ever lived in the modern era. .Daybreak Express is a 0 BW easy calver ,huge footed, very functional,and THICK,with grow. The light roan calf shown  is out of a clubby female,the roan cow goes back to RPS Grand Slam and alot of older longlegged cattle,but has the depth of body of her sire.There were very nice cows-conventional bred like yours-AND THEY SHOW. The dam of the Freaky necked red club bull(who also has some size)Real Deal,is by Daybreak Express. O0

Attachments

• JMCC_MissJoanie0625_small.jpg
    JMCC_MissJoanie0625_small.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 688
  • Madison.jpg
    Madison.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 313

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

index.php

She sold in the 2006 Minnesota Beef Expo, Nice! http://ebersale.com/minnesota/bottomchgid.php?prodnext=24&nbrlots=6

I have seen some mentions on this bull GB Daybreak Express seems like a very viable calving ease outcross THICK easy calving( 0 or near BW EPDS) SHORTHORN THAT GOES BACK TO MAINE and that dont get nearly the credit. Def would like to see more of his work. Sounds like a dream bull to me.

Doc

rackranch said:

JPJ will NOT add any frame. He will add some depth, but will definitely take away frame and a little shorter and sloppier from the shoulders forward. JMO. I would try Swagger or AOD on her.

mark tenenbaum

OLD WORLD SHORTIE said:
index.php

She sold in the 2006 Minnesota Beef Expo, Nice! http://ebersale.com/minnesota/bottomchgid.php?prodnext=24&nbrlots=6

I have seen some mentions on this bull GB Daybreak Express seems like a very viable calving ease outcross THICK easy calving( 0 or near BW EPDS) SHORTHORN THAT GOES BACK TO MAINE and that dont get nearly the credit. Def would like to see more of his work. Sounds like a dream bull to me./// There have been a bunch of his progeny up north for years,and  oneof the latest clubby bulls is a grandson,-and an AI bull called Kodiac in Minnesota-Daybreak Express has been around 10 years plus or minus-and as far as the hiefer above-its EnticerxMark 4xRodeo,on a bunch of Dividend-probably the best traditional cross-along with the Cunia from CD-x trump a bunch of times. PS-The Dazzler(Deertrail Awesome by a great Big Bud Cow)x above deal really would work with the Solution( Et AL) oriented KABA line bred stuff-and would certainly moderate the BWS-OF WHICH THERE IS A DIRE NEED. O0

NHR

Doc said:
rackranch said:

JPJ will NOT add any frame. He will add some depth, but will definitely take away frame and a little shorter and sloppier from the shoulders forward. JMO. I would try Swagger or AOD on her.

The problem I have seen with the HD Swagger calves is that they round off on the hip real bad. We have not experienced the "sloppier shoulders" you mention with Jake's Proud Jazz. I know that txshorthorn bred the heifer to JPJ to get a light birth weight calf out of a show heifer. I am not for sure I would breed Swagger to a show heifer.

Doc

NHR said:
Doc said:
rackranch said:

The problem I have seen with the HD Swagger calves is that they round off on the hip real bad. We have not experienced the "sloppier shoulders" you mention with Jake's Proud Jazz. I know that txshorthorn bred the heifer to JPJ to get a light birth weight calf out of a show heifer. I am not for sure I would breed Swagger to a show heifer.

I wasn't saying " sloppier shoulders" I was saying from shoulders forward. I mean they usually look like they were running 50 MPH and ran into a brick wall. Shorter neck, extra leather, etc.. As far as breeding to JPJ, I thought he was asking about what to breed her to after this 1st calf. Haven't seen that on the Swagger calves that I have seen, I'll have to watch for that.

Latest posts