Daughters show heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Please think some good thoughts for my daughters show heifer today. She spent the night at the hospital last night. She bloated bad yesterday morning and after not much improvement after a while I took her to CSU and they cant find anything wrong with her. I was thinking a twisted gut. Waiting to hear how she got through the night and hoping she did not need surgery. Thanks.

red

any chance it's hardware?
Your daughter & her heifer are in my prayers. Yes, I believe you can pray for animals.

Good question- will there be pets/animals in heaven? I believe they will be there. It's a perfect place & for it to be perfect there has to be my pets. Not sure about King Killer Kitty. I think he'll go someplace else!! Woody, for sure will be there!

Red

kanshow

Positive thoughts coming her way.

Red - If my critters aren't in heaven - I'm not sure I would call it heaven.. kwim? 

cowz

Frostback, keep us posted.  It is always the good ones that something happens to........and it seems to happen to the tender hearted child's animals to boot.  My youngest had a rough year last spring.  I will send positive thoughts your way!

frostback

Bump up the good thoughts SHE IS HEADED TO SURGURY. Ill keep you posted. Kids heartbroke, not sure what to tell her.

sawboss

Best wishes for a good outcome.  Tell her the truth, it will be hard on both of you but she will learn that is the best way to deal with difficult situations.

frostback

She knows that she is going to surgery. I have told her all I know but you still want to take away the pain and uncertainty.

CAB

Frostback, I hope all goes well for your heifer. If you don't mind, what was the  diagnosis? Good Luck!!!

frostback

We have no diagnosis yet. They are thinking it is a intestinal inversion, which is when the intestine kinda bunches up and goes through itself. Think of taking off a sock and it rolling up on itself some but not all the way. They are not sure that is what it is we are paying for exploratory surgery. This may not help or fix the heifer but we have to try. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Jill

Our thoughts are with you and your daughter.  I guess you just answered the question on the how commercial are you post ;)

red

Jill said:
Our thoughts are with you and your daughter.  I guess you just answered the question on the how commercial are you post ;)

you hit right Jill! I think there is a difference between an average heifer/cow & the kid's project. A special bond that we all try to keep.

Red

frostback

Heres a update. They did not do the surgery YET. We are back to the wait and see. She is receiving IV fluids and they are running more blood tests. There is still a chance of surgery but are waiting. Still not sure what is going on. Thanks again.

renegade

I can imagine what your daughter is going through. We had the same thing happen with our favorite horse(if i HAVE to pick a favorite). He got down with colic, he was pretty bad off and was a 21 year old gelding who we rescued from utah in 2005 and he is a fat and sassy guy with a big heart. He was battling it for a week and the vet said there was nothing he could do and just try to keep him comforatable until it was his time,he was doing pretty bad (we couldnt get him up) so my sis went out at the end of the week and said good bye and we cried for a while. we went out the next morning that goober had gotten himself up and out of the barn and was drinking and was hanging out with "his" filly and the fillies mother and he is still here and kickin'. Another example that miracles do happen