Davis,CA

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

We shipped a puppy to Davis, (the place Knabe always talks about) the girl sent us some pictures and check of the vegetation of this place.

Attachments

• DSC00788.jpg
    DSC00788.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 282

Jill

Really good, he was one of my favorites, but didn't really have anyone looking for males so she got lucky, hopefully I did a little better job of resizing this one.

Attachments

• DSC00790.jpg
    DSC00790.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 291

shortyjock89

Good gravy that place is leafy, and that pup is ridiculously cute.  It's a good thing I'm not around Corgi pups that often...I think I would have to have one.

knabe

before anyone gets hog wild about moving to davis, it's spring time here basically.  it is pretty hot and muggy in davis (extreme as far as the rest of CA is concerned) as it's close to the sac river.  i've had a few chances to work near davis, was at a job where we hada research facility there, and i will NEVER move there.  it's an acquired taste.  i would say the flavor of the town, and sacramento, is almost southern, in spite of the reputation it gets as a enviro wally world. it's extremely diverse, asians, blacks, whites, portugeuse, spanish, mexican compared to a lot of california.  probably residual of gold rush influence.

one tidbit about the trees in CA, in bidwell park in chico, robin hood with errol flynn was filmed there, the one in color.  i think the movie was filmed in the fall, and they spray painted the trees green