DCR 101VM available at cattle visions

Help Support Steer Planet:

Okotoks

DCR 101VM will be a great option for a lot of programs. 

Early in April if all goes well Diamond Prophecy 21P will be heading to Ralph Larson's, Y Lazy Y. Heading back to where his sire came from!

I will need to post some pics Jaimie took last week, he has wintered well again as usual!

RedBulls

I clicked on the link for "Dover" at Cattle Visions. I noticed they have his TH and PHA listed as unknown. He is free of both and I just informed them of this. I was pleased to see that in the latest Shorthorn Sire Summary he is a trait leader in 5 different categories. Most important to me is the BMI index. Our focus is on building the good ones when it comes to females.

Dan, I'm looking forward to introducing Prophesy to some nice Montana girls!

Ralph Larson
Y Lazy Y Shorthorns

J

JTM

I really like this bull. I think he could do a lot of good for the Shorthorn breed. Congrats Y Lazy Y and Shady Maple!

trevorgreycattleco

I saw Dover this summer. Big foot, good head. Deep. A lot similar to 329 IMO. That cross will happen or is happening. Sure hope they aren't to heavy fronted.

jaimiediamond

trevorgreycattleco said:
I saw Dover this summer. Big foot, good head. Deep. A lot similar to 329 IMO. That cross will happen or is happening. Sure hope they aren't to heavy fronted.
I think that Dover, and 329 offer a lot of excellent beef characteristics. 

Actually Ralph's entire bull line up is red, polled, deep bodied, and over all useful cattle in a purebred and commercial environment.

I've pictured Ralph's bulls and I've also taken the liberty to post his newest herd sire taken this Feb Diamond Prophecy 21P.

Attachments

• drc101vm.jpg
    drc101vm.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Coalpit Creek Leader 6th.jpg
    Coalpit Creek Leader 6th.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 212
  • yy earl of dover.jpg
    yy earl of dover.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    Diamond Prophecy 21P.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 229

RyanChandler

I'd like to hear some comparisons of the 3 bulls: Dover, Coalpit Creek, and Prophecy- in terms of depth, width, and length.

Here is a Dover son, JR Drover, that I have breed to some heifers. I had my first calf out of him and a Lovings heifer this morning about 1am- a 79lb solid red bull.

Attachments

• IMAG0548-1-2.jpg
    IMAG0548-1-2.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 293

jaimiediamond

-XBAR- said:
I'd like to hear some comparisons of the 3 bulls: Dover, Coalpit Creek, and Prophecy- in terms of depth, width, and length.

Here is a Dover son, JR Drover, that I have breed to some heifers. I had my first calf out of him and a Lovings heifer this morning about 1am- a 79lb solid red bull.

It will be interesting what Ralph has to say in April and then what he has to say after 2014's calving season as he will have had all three on his place, and had calves from each.  <beer>

I have always liked the JR Drover bull he looks to be exceptional in his shoulder, heart girth and length