deeer huntin

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruchian

Our season ended a couple of weeks ago.  My dad got a really nice 5x5, 6x6 if you want to count the eye guards, everyone seems to count tines differently.  One of the biggest, if not the biggest, bucks I've ever seen in this area.

Stihlpro

Nothing yet; the early season was slow here (WA)!  Late season starts Thursday (we get 4 days)......... Last 3yrs the late season has been very generous!  ;D ;D ;D

farmboy

mmmm, i killed a small doe, this weekend is the youth gun season, and im alot better with a shotgun than a crossbow, ive missed quite a few, but know where a big buck is...ill report back  ;D

Turkey Creek Ranch

biggest iv seen is a 6x6 double drop tine down by the river....buddy shot it
or a HUGE 4x4 that dang near ran me over haha

farmboy

biggest one i ever saw was a 16, i shot at it a week before gunseason and barley nicked a tree, week later a buddy got it with a shotgun.

the catch, it had 3 legs and roadrash all over 1 side, was 300 lbs

renegade

I got a doe the weekend b4 i went to nationals. We were hunting that day but not real hard and it was our first day out for the season, got her though...after a hike up a huge hill. Farmboy...you can get more than one a year or is it one for youth hunt and one for regular season.

justme

My husband got a 7 point this weekend here in Missouri.  To bad his horn was broke he probably would have had another point or two.  In Missouri the bucks must have at least 4 points on one side and you can only get one buck.  You can get a bunch of doe tags though.  He field dressed at 186 pounds.  Good size buck.

This is my son with my hubby's deer.  Gotta love the scope electric taped to her play gun!

Attachments

• Evan and dad's deer.jpg
    Evan and dad's deer.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 633

chambero

I killed my first bull elk this year.  On public land in NW Colorado.

CO07061.jpg

Been too hot to worry about hunting much down here in Texas yet.  Maybe next weekend.

dori36

strawroanlova said:
are we still huntin or  (dog) huntin,whats any body killed this season so far

Today, the 15th, was opening day of rifle season here in Michigan.  With nearly 2 million deer in the state, I woke up to the usual sound of a local war!  No problem for me as long as they stay on land they've had permission to hunt on and remember that "deer are brown and cattle are black" - well mine are, anyway!    In Michigan, we could lose a million of those deer and be well off.  I think the DNR projects  a kill of around 500,000 for this year. 

jason

chambero said:
I killed my first bull elk this year.  On public land in NW Colorado.

CO07061.jpg

Been too hot to worry about hunting much down here in Texas yet.  Maybe next weekend.

That is awesome