deer hunters

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

this was an email i received...the subject line was how tough are whitetails?        huh! 

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 685
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 688
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 671

Davis Shorthorns

I have herd stories of people cutting their hands open on broadheads inside deer during rifle season.  Deer are tough animals and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. 

knabe

i'm thinking that if that deer was a cow, she would be in demand.  look at that hip, depth of body, spring of rib, femininty, strong top, length of stride.

inthebarnagain

Yeah, but fencing to keep the neighbors buck out and your does in would be EXPENSIVE!  Ted Nugent says they are the perfect food. 

farmboy

Camo said:
Looks like these hunters need allot more practice.
to the contrary .....

idiots try to pull of head shots and this guy obviously hit where he was aiming. its not an ethical shot to th shoot at ones head, behind the shoulder quartering away is the best shot one can take with an arrow. these pics only serve as fire for anti's

xxcc

looks like happy gilmore has been at it again.

my question, when you were done taking pictures, did you put down your camera and trade it for a gun or bow to put her out of her misery?

Chap

that is pretty sad, but it appears the doe is in pretty good spirits considering.  Still on feed and with the herd.  It appears that the arrow went straight throught he sinus cavity and if it would break off, she could and would make it.  Hopefully somebody ends the question during gun season.

MYT Farms

knabe said:
i'm thinking that if that deer was a cow, she would be in demand.  look at that hip, depth of body, spring of rib, femininty, strong top, length of stride.
I only partly agree. I would describe her a very feminine female with a tremendous amount of length and extension. She has, as you said, a very long stride and appears to be very sound, therefore, she should work the best in an confinement operation.  She also appears to be well balanced, although somewhat lacking in rib and body.
(Heck, why not throw together some cattle and hog terms here?  :D )

farmboy

deer are tough. 7 years ago a freind killed a buck on our property that had 3 legs and road rash on one whole side. he was killed running at full speed and outran all the other deer.

austin

After coming back from a movie a few nights ago, I saw a whole family of deer cross the road about 30 yards ahead of my truck. Luckily I remembered it's mating season and was a good distance away. ha!

linnettejane

xxcc said:
looks like happy gilmore has been at it again.

my question, when you were done taking pictures, did you put down your camera and trade it for a gun or bow to put her out of her misery?

this was an email i received....i was not present nor did i take the pictures...it was a forwarded email.....guess i didnt make that clear....

Latest posts