Delhawk Kahuna

Help Support Steer Planet:

paj315

What are everyone's opinions on Kahuna? What kind of cows does he work best on?  What are the birth weights and do they come easy ? What kind of cows do the daughters make ? Do they milk?  Looking ahead to next year and wanting some honest opinions

shortyjock89

I like him a fair bit.  Showed one last year, she did really well for us. Champion Bred and Owned- Midwest Regional, Class winner both days and Reserve Div III - B&O at NJHS. Reserve Grand Champion Land Of Lincon- IL State Fair Jr Show. Division Champion- Jr and Open shows IL State Fair.

Our high seller last year was a Kahuna x About Time for $41,000. She won a lot through the winter and spring, probably didn't get quite big enough to run super hot though this fall.

Birth weights have been alright, haven't had to assist any so far and we've had about 15 of them over the last couple of years.

The only real problem with him for us is inconsistency in growth patterns and yearling size. He tends to follow the cow on this but not even close to always.

High quality cattle, we will probably continue to use him selectively.

I'm on my phone, I'll try to post a couple of pictures from my computer when I get in.

Attachments

• koko state fair.jpg
    koko state fair.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 433
  • grace sale picture.jpg
    grace sale picture.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 445