Democratic Takeover?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Are you happy with the Democratic takeover?

• Yes

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters

austin

I'm a sorry republican. Not happy with Bush, but not happy with democrats. We just need a new leader.

What about you?

ShowStopper

I'm really happy with the Democratic take over. I am a very strong Republican but, Bush has screwed things up. I'm not happy with the way he is handling things and he needs to go. I however will not vote for Hillary. Maybe Obama, but not Hillary. ;)

austin

ShowStopper said:
I'm really happy with the Democratic take over. I am a very strong Republican but, Bush has screwed things up. I'm not happy with the way he is handling things and he needs to go. I however will not vote for Hillary. Maybe Obama, but not Hillary. ;)

Welcome to the Planet. Is that calf yours in your profile pic? Nice looking Steer.

I guess I'm just anxious to see a female president, even if she is associated with Bill. I think she really has a good chance, and I think it would be good for the reputation of the Untied States. It's no doubt that Bush needs to go. Look at the mess he's created. How many soldiers have died in the Middle East so far? Too many. I'm guessing Osama will enter as an independent.  ;D

cowz

Im a liberal republican, I do like the democratic shift in Congess,  HOWEVER it will be an icy day in hades when I vote for Hillary.

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY....THE OLD GIRL COULD'NT MANAGE HER HUSBAND....HOW CAN SHE MANAGE THE COUNTRY!!!

What do you think of John McCain from Arizona??  He seems to be more open minded than your average republican.

Otherwise, will Obama have a chance?

ShowStopper

Austin said:
ShowStopper said:

Welcome to the Planet. Is that calf yours in your profile pic? Nice looking Steer.

I guess I'm just anxious to see a female president, even if she is associated with Bill. I think she really has a good chance, and I think it would be good for the reputation of the Untied States. It's no doubt that Bush needs to go. Look at the mess he's created. How many soldiers have died in the Middle East so far? Too many. I'm guessing Obama will enter as an independent.  ;D

Yea the calf in my profile pic is mine. She's a Strictly Business daughter. Hoping for a Hardcore baby this spring ;D.

I hate to say it (being female and all), but I don't think I would vote for a female president...I agree with Cowz, I don't think she has what it takes to fix what Bush has messed up.

red

I have to say that I'm a conservative voter. Usually vote Republican but right now I'm not to excited about anybody. It seems to me that the media has already decided that Hilary is the heir apparent for the Dems. I'm seeing a lot of press for the former mayor Rudy also on the Republicans.
I'd like to go with McCain but he has been very inconsistant so far in his voting.
Red

twistedhshowstock

Well I wasnt excited either of the candidates last time around.  I was ready to see Bush out of office but wasnt necessarily looking forward to a Democratic takeover.  I am an independant voter.  I think we need true bipartisinhip to make it work, but unfortunately I dont see that ever happening. I am really ready for Obama to be out of office. I have been paying a lot of attention to the Presidential hopefuls lately, and I have to say the one who has impressed me the most is the underdog that many had never heard of, Herman Cain. 
I had never heard of him until the South Carolina Republican Debate, but I was very impressed with the way he handled himself.  He is very no nonsense, doesnt blow smoke, and commits to what he says, he doesnt change stances every 10 minutes because he heard somebody didnt like what he said, or because his last statement didnt get a standing ovation.
I also like his stance that we need to get the Federal Governments nose out of things it doesnt need to be handling, and I especially like his stance to cut the bull with all these tax cuts and stimulus plans that were supposed to and didnt.  As he put it, government does not create jobs, businesses create jobs, if we want jobs then we need to get the government out of businesses way and let the businesses create the jobs.
If you havent heard of him I think you should check him out. To me he is a breath of fresh air.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
I like TWISTEDSHOWSTOCK  pick, never heard of the guy until recently ,like his message ,looks like he will stick to it , he doesn't look like he has been bought by the Union and the other self interest groups ....WE  DON'T NEED ONE OF THOSE GUYS THATS PART OF  ," LETS do it WASHINGTON POLITICANS WAY "   

We need someone  working for the CITIZENS OF THE  USA                                                        illegals excluded 

twistedhshowstock

I really liked Herman Cain's response to the question that the fact that he has never held public office would hurt his chances.  His answer "Well lets take a look, yep everybody in Washington right now held public office before getting there.  Hows that working out for us?"

knabe

it's not a requirement to have held public office to be a supreme court justice either.  obama didn't have experience either.  he has a good sounding voice, looks slightly up when he talks, has no economic sense, the majority disagree with his policies, but would vote for him again because he is visually stimulating rather than intellectually stimulating.  he's like a pacifier which deadens the mind, just like romney.

Cattle INXS

I'm not big into politics, but Obama has to go. I like Ron Paul !!!!!! <cowboy> <rock>  (argue)

dcbehle

While there is a place for finding the middle of the road at times, I'm all for leadership that does have a partisan view. Too often we get politicians that have good ideas, but when they get to Washington they focus on trying to please everyone and walk both sides of an issue. In my viewpoint, that is what affected both Bush's. Senior caved on his tax position and became soft on policies after that. Junior reached out at times to garner support from both sides of the isle and it resulted in a larger government.

While I was never a Bill Clinton fan, he stuck to his guns on health care and it went down in defeat. He then focused on some other issues like wellfare reform and he was able to move it forward. While few people could find the middle ground with Reagan, he was the best at stating his position, selling it to the public, and then sold the mandate to a congress that was controlled by the other party. It worked very well for him regarding ending the Cold War and passing tax cuts that laid the foundation for a long term strong economy. His downfall was that he was unable to sell all the cuts that would have helped reduce the deficit. But that is the real success to our democracy. When things went to far to the right, the balance of power in the democrat controlled congress finally showed some spine.

It is time for more leaders like that now. A leader willing to stand behind his or her position, sell it to the public and the congress and let the chips fall where they may. We can have success when legislation fails, but trying to solve everyone's problems results in a bigger problem for all. It is time for everyone to pull up their own boot straps and if unable, let the private individual spirit assist those in need.

xxcc

dcbehle said:
While there is a place for finding the middle of the road at times, I'm all for leadership that does have a partisan view. Too often we get politicians that have good ideas, but when they get to Washington they focus on trying to please everyone and walk both sides of an issue. In my viewpoint, that is what affected both Bush's. Senior caved on his tax position and became soft on policies after that. Junior reached out at times to garner support from both sides of the isle and it resulted in a larger government.

While I was never a Bill Clinton fan, he stuck to his guns on health care and it went down in defeat. He then focused on some other issues like wellfare reform and he was able to move it forward. While few people could find the middle ground with Reagan, he was the best at stating his position, selling it to the public, and then sold the mandate to a congress that was controlled by the other party. It worked very well for him regarding ending the Cold War and passing tax cuts that laid the foundation for a long term strong economy. His downfall was that he was unable to sell all the cuts that would have helped reduce the deficit. But that is the real success to our democracy. When things went to far to the right, the balance of power in the democrat controlled congress finally showed some spine.

It is time for more leaders like that now. A leader willing to stand behind his or her position, sell it to the public and the congress and let the chips fall where they may. We can have success when legislation fails, but trying to solve everyone's problems results in a bigger problem for all. It is time for everyone to pull up their own boot straps and if unable, let the private individual spirit assist those in need.

Catlle INXS, I didn't vote for O'bama, but I think he's more a product of the times than an actually unacceptable president....I'm with you, I like Ron Paul.

dcbehle,  although I don't 100% favor all of your statements, I'd like to thank your for one of the most level headed, un-'smart ass' posts I've seen on the board yet.  your insight, maturity and intelligence is well reflected by your post.  many of the 'radical' board members could learn a little from your level of maturity.

well done. (clapping)

Show Steaks

I vote Ron Paul!!!! <rock>
Least he isnt a democrat or republican, maybe something will actually get done in congress if  everyone thinks they must vote with their affilation instead of what is right, i'm just tired of the circles that are getting run around the simpliest things
I'm a republican but that will never define how i vote
Obama wont get my vote nor will hillary heck even palin wont after all this media attention she'll get elected for the wrong reasons

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Palin has had a lot of press trying to hammer on her because I THINK there scared of her ....She impressed me how she cleaned up the fraud and crooks in alaska
an made that state very productive ,,,,You got to remember running for president is no tea pparty thats why all the politicians stick to gether in their little gang ....