Dennis Pool - Judge

Help Support Steer Planet:

KC

Does anyone know about Dennis Pool as a judge. Everyone tells me he is a straight up kind of a judge with no politics, but after the last show he judged us in i have my doubts :(  2 months before the show rumor had it who was going to be the grand and reserve steers and that is how it played out. Just makes me wonder.

knabe

so were they the two best animals?  if they were, what's wrong with that?

maybe they should make shows where only the grand and reserve are eliminated at the last minute so only two people are upset instead of everyone.

simtal

been my experience any judge worth his salt knows somebody,if he didn't how else would he have gotten the job?

Nasc

knabe said:
maybe they should make shows where only the grand and reserve are eliminated at the last minute so only two people are upset instead of everyone.

(thumbsup)Classic

Steer4Caddy

I know Dennis and would bet he will just pick the best ones there.  He knows alot of people but I don't take him for someone that would pick a lesser animal and have people think he didn't know what he was doing.

chambero

MKMK said:
Does anyone know about Dennis Pool as a judge. Everyone tells me he is a straight up kind of a judge with no politics, but after the last show he judged us in i have my doubts :(  2 months before the show rumor had it who was going to be the grand and reserve steers and that is how it played out. Just makes me wonder.

What everyone tells you is consistent with what I know about him.  Did those grand and reserve steers you mention not deserve to win? 

Looked up some of your earlier posts and saw you posted about a problem you had with Chris Skaggs as judge also.  Both have been around forever and of course they know people.  But there are so many good calves its rarely justified to criticize a judge's decisions at a big show in Texas - especially at the top end.  They got plenty of good ones to pick from and what you see from the bleachers ain't the same view they have from up close.

NHR

I have seen Dennis Poole judge a couple times. He does a great job judging steers but he judges heifers as if they were steers also. So as a steer judge he is really good.