Denver '15 bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

BroncoFan

I was just wondering why there isn't a show in Denver made for the display bulls. Would it be too political? Would it take more than one judge to judge the show? Would it be worth watching? I'm just thinking that these bulls offspring will be bred for the show ring then why not put these bulls in the ring for once in their lives.

cowboy_nyk

Good idea BroncoFan but it would never fly.  I doubt these guys would want to try and market their "Next Big Thing" that just placed last in class.  Too many $$$ on the line.  Would be an awesome show to see though.

BroncoFan

cowboy_nyk said:
Good idea BroncoFan but it would never fly.  I doubt these guys would want to try and market their "Next Big Thing" that just placed last in class.  Too many $$$ on the line.  Would be an awesome show to see though.
It seems that a common theme is some people will comment that they liked this bull or that bull but never saw the bull on the move.

Tallcool1

BroncoFan said:
cowboy_nyk said:
It seems that a common theme is some people will comment that they liked this bull or that bull but never saw the bull on the move.

A few years ago, a guy went to Denver and took a bunch of "unauthorized" videos of the display bulls.  He would hang out by the pens and when the bulls would head up to the display area, he took videos.  He then posted them all over the internet.

I can't remember what his name was, but I remember he got into some trouble for doing it.  I believe that may have contributed to the Cattle.com blog no longer covering the display bulls, but I could be wrong on that.

RCC

I think it would be neat if someone went and slicked a promo bull. That would be a heck of a way to market to us guys down south.

HAB

MRSC said:
I think it would be neat if someone went and slicked a promo bull. That would be a heck of a way to market to us guys down south.

Like this ??  ;)

Attachments

• moto moto slicked sheared.jpg
    moto moto slicked sheared.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 428

JSchroeder

I believe that may have contributed to the Cattle.com blog no longer covering the display bulls, but I could be wrong on that.

That guy had nothing to do with it.  We tried to be respectful of the National Western and the bull owners, there's no reason to go running behind a bull like you're an idiot paparazzi the way he was.

The ever increasing difference in slick and haired bulls has more to do with it than anything that guy did.

We didn't go last year because I couldn't get a firm yes or no on whether we could go until after we passed up three self imposed deadlines on it (we could have gone last year).  There was a lot of cost and time involved in the project and there are several reasons we're not doing them any longer.  I really don't think what we were doing is all that relevant in a world with instant video uploads and more social media than any person could possibly keep up with.

Don't forget that iPhones didn't even exist the first year I went up there and shot video.  Facebook was still just a .edu thing that year.  Nowadays there will be a dozen Vines posted before we'd even get video downloaded to a computer to edit.

HAB

Cattle.com was more than professional about everything they did at the NWSS.  If bull owners had a problem with what Jeff or his crew did, they were barking up the wrong tree.

Harley Blegen

RCC

HAB said:
MRSC said:

Like this ??  ;)

Yes sir, that pic does a lot more for me than looking at hair ball, that's a heck of a Galloway by the way.

HAB

MRSC said:
HAB said:
MRSC said:

Like this ??  ;)

Yes sir, that pic does a lot more for me than looking at hair ball, that's a heck of a Galloway by the way.

Thank you.

that pic was taken after he had been run on 40 cows for 50 days.  He will be in Denver in the AGBA display and in our pen.  He is a coming 3 yr old weighing 2020.

Tallcool1

buckeye said:
How can you get in trouble for videoing the bulls?

I think you have to get permission from the NWSS before you do something like this.

mark tenenbaum

Jeff_Schroeder said:
I believe that may have contributed to the Cattle.com blog no longer covering the display bulls, but I could be wrong on that.

That guy had nothing to do with it.  We tried to be respectful of the National Western and the bull owners, there's no reason to go running behind a bull like you're an idiot paparazzi the way he was.

The ever increasing difference in slick and haired bulls has more to do with it than anything that guy did./// YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW RELAVENT THE VIDS. WERE TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO 1: MAY NOT HAVE THE TIME OR TECH TO SURF A BUNCH OF FUZZY I-PHONE JUNK 2: PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT GO AND APPRECIATED A LOOK AT THE BULLS BY A PROFESSIONAL-Tons of people looked forward every year to your deal.In fact-my reply is in the wrong place-making me one in a cast of thousands that just arent up the latest twerks O0

We didn't go last year because I couldn't get a firm yes or no on whether we could go until after we passed up three self imposed deadlines on it (we could have gone last year).  There was a lot of cost and time involved in the project and there are several reasons we're not doing them any longer.  I really don't think what we were doing is all that relevant in a world with instant video uploads and more social media than any person could possibly keep up with.

Don't forget that iPhones didn't even exist the first year I went up there and shot video.  Facebook was still just a .edu thing that year.  Nowadays there will be a dozen Vines posted before we'd even get video downloaded to a computer to edit.