Denver 2012

Help Support Steer Planet:

ruhtram

Who's all gonna make it this year? Glad to say I will be out there for the steer show!!

ruhtram

Its my first year going. Is there anything you recommend seeing/doing?

dfm

Plan is to be there on the 13th & 14th for the display bulls and the rest of the cattle in the "yards". If you have not seen it, you owe it to yourself to go.

JWW

To Cruiser:
things that are a must at the NWSS:
- Breakfast at the Butcher Block Cafe
- Walk through the Display bulls - even if you're like me and not use much clubby genetics, it is still something awesome to see
- Yard Bar - nuff said
- Pen cattle, Pen Cattle, Carloads, Carloads
- Hill show and tradeshow

other things in an around Denver: Casa Bonitas Mexican resturant, Grizzly Rose, DoubleTree Hotel after the Livestock Judging contest

I am heading out the 11th through the 15th

JWW

frostback

For all the first timers. Make sure you pack for all weather. It could be T-shirt weather or a blizzard and everything inbetween. Make sure comfortable shoes too, lots and lots of walking.

ruhtram

Dang I'll be there the 18-20..There aren't any bulls on display then?

Mueller Show Cattle

I'll be there 13th through the 15th for display bulls while picking up some semen and then the 18th through 20th for the shows. It is only a 3 1/2 hour drive for me unless I-25 is in bad shape from the weather.

Simmgal

I really hope to be going this year. This is the last time I will be able to for a while and my parents want to go to, we just aren't sure about a hotel or rental cars yet. If we were to go, we would want to see the display bulls or the Simmi show and maybe both!  ;D

Davis Shorthorns

I will be going out on the13th through the 17th.  This is going to be my first year taking something out though.  As for things to do.  I would also suggest the buckhorn exchange.  It is one of the coolest restaurants in Denver.  If you are gong on a weekend night MAKE RESERVATIONS.  If you go to Casa Bonita make sure you dont just go for the food.  You will get what I am talking about if you go.  Also the broker on the 16th street mall is a nice upscale restaurant.

MFJ338

I will be there from 11 to the 15th. Looking forward to the display bulls and the Angus and Maine shows. So looking forward to seeing some of the best in the business! Hope we have nice wheather!  (clapping)

CAB

JWW said:
To Cruiser:
things that are a must at the NWSS:
- Breakfast at the Butcher Block Cafe
- Walk through the Display bulls - even if you're like me and not use much clubby genetics, it is still something awesome to see
- Yard Bar - nuff said
- Pen cattle, Pen Cattle, Carloads, Carloads
- Hill show and tradeshow

other things in an around Denver: Casa Bonitas Mexican resturant, Grizzly Rose, DoubleTree Hotel after the Livestock Judging contest

I am heading out the 11th through the 15th

JWW
JWW, where's The Butcher Block Cafe located?

JWW

I can never remember the street the Butcher Block Cafe is on.. but it is pretty close to the stock yards... i just did fiind out they do have a website with the address: http://butcherblockcafe.com/

good portion and reasonably priced

i highly recommend the Roundhouse for breakfast

JWW

nkotb

We went to a restaurant when we were there, can't remember the name, some of you probably know better, had a tree growing up through the middle of the restaurant.  It is a little ways from the NWSS, but it is worth the drive, the steaks are delicious.  Also, they have been a junior livestock buyer for a good many years, have banners up all over the restaurant from being a junior animal buyer.

kfacres

frostback said:
For all the first timers. Make sure you pack for all weather. It could be T-shirt weather or a blizzard and everything inbetween. Make sure comfortable shoes too, lots and lots of walking.

or both at the same time.. the first year we judged out there- we woke up the morning of the carload contest to 2 or 3 inches of snow-- so being from IL/ IN/ IA-- we all bundled up in carhartts and snow clothes... only to find ourselves peeled down to short sleeves and tennis shows by noon... 

maine_man

nkotb said:
We went to a restaurant when we were there, can't remember the name, some of you probably know better, had a tree growing up through the middle of the restaurant.  It is a little ways from the NWSS, but it is worth the drive, the steaks are delicious.  Also, they have been a junior livestock buyer for a good many years, have banners up all over the restaurant from being a junior animal buyer.

It is called Emil Lene's. Great food and they usually buy a Jr. animal or two. It is wort the trip just to see the tree.

CAB

JWW said:
I can never remember the street the Butcher Block Cafe is on.. but it is pretty close to the stock yards... i just did find out they do have a website with the address: http://butcherblockcafe.com/

JWW
Thanks JWW. I'll have to look it up and make sure that I go the next time I'm out. It'll be a shame if/when they move the show that all of these great places will more than likely suffer the consequences.

frostback

CAB said:
JWW said:
I can never remember the street the Butcher Block Cafe is on.. but it is pretty close to the stock yards... i just did find out they do have a website with the address: http://butcherblockcafe.com/

JWW
Thanks JWW. I'll have to look it up and make sure that I go the next time I'm out. It'll be a shame if/when they move the show that all of these great places will more than likely suffer the consequences.
dont sweat it,, Denver stands to loose too much to ever let it go.