Denver Bound!

Help Support Steer Planet:

beaner jane

So as I haven't been showing cattle for but a meger three years, this year was my first year to show at the Royal. It was a great time. Also my first time showing low lines... we ended up with % champ. great fun. Your prolly thinking what in the heck does this have to do with Denver. Well they people I helped asked me to come along with them! I can't wait and have a new found love of the low line breed, my ticket to Denver!

TJ

beaner jane said:
So as I haven't been showing cattle for but a meger three years, this year was my first year to show at the Royal. It was a great time. Also my first time showing low lines... we ended up with % champ. great fun. Your prolly thinking what in the heck does this have to do with Denver. Well they people I helped asked me to come along with them! I can't wait and have a new found love of the low line breed, my ticket to Denver!

First, it's Lowline, not "low line".  ;) 

2nd, Congrats!  Denver is worth the trip if you've never been.  I've been around 10 times over the last 18 years, most of the times with cattle, but a couple without.  Not sure if I am going this year, but I have a partnership heifer that I raised that is going.  BTW, she's a Lowline too.  Full sister to the heifer in Olson Family Shorthorns avatar picture.  She will be stalled with Janis Black's & Glenn Benjamin's cattle.  If you get a chance, check her out & let me know what you think. 

3rd, hope you enjoy your time in Denver!   

shortyjock89

We'll be there with that heifer TJ is talking about. I wish we could have taken a Shorthorn too...but the choice was between an expensive trip, or getting paid to make to make the trip.....the bank account made that decision pretty quick.

LazyGLowlines

Hey, Justin!  Be sure to look us up.  We're bringing plenty of help this year so you won't have to worry about me trying to put you to work  ;)

beaner jane

I stnad corrected. Lowline. LOL Yup they had Grand % and Grand fullblood at NAILE. I didn't get to go, couldn't miss the school. But I would have loved to go. We are only taking to head. So im not sure if ill get to show this time around, but I don't mind helping wash and blow. I will have to come and meet you guys. look for a brown headed girl from Missouri,who looks about half frozen!

shortdawg

My wife and I will make the trip this year - no cattle. I'm a delegate for the Shorty Meeting again so that gave me a reason to go. I'll be wandering around - pm me where you all are stalled and I'll stop by - looking forward to it.

shortdawg

My wife and I will make the trip this year - no cattle. I'm a delegate for the Shorty Meeting again so that gave me a reason to go. I'll be wandering around - pm me where you all are stalled and I'll stop by - looking forward to it.

beaner jane

no clue were we will be stalled. Looking forward to meeting you all! Yup I know all about "finding" reasons to go. The family I am going with is only taking two head. My friend told her mom she would need the extra help bad. lol

shortyjock89

beaner jane said:
no clue were we will be stalled. Looking forward to meeting you all! Yup I know all about "finding" reasons to go. The family I am going with is only taking two head. My friend told her mom she would need the extra help bad. lol

Out in the yards...its either going to be awesome to be out there, or miserable...we'll find out! 

Cattledog

I'm excited to say that I will be out there!  I'll be working and I will also have a heifer out there.  The only reservation that I have is leaving my 15 month old daughter.  My wife would probably kill me if she read this and found out the she wasn't one of my reservations!  (lol)

Reinken Cattle Co.

Beaner Jane are you a Lowline member?! young enough to be a junior member?! If you like them that  much I recommend you join. We will be having a Junior show in Iowa this summer.

JWW

Denver stock show- great memories

- love the Yard Bar, the food isn't bad either!watch out for cougors- lol
- Best cattle are in the yards, love seeing the carloads and the pen cattle,
- Breakfast at the Butcher Block Cafe- wow thats a hell of a day starter! get the full haystack with the gravy all over it!
- no matter what the weather is in the yards, it never too cold to enjoy a cold one in the yards.
- if you make it up on the hill theres a smoked BBQ place in the corner of the tradeshow. its all you can eat or Brisket, smoked pork, sausages, sometime smoked sirloin, and all the fixings, great food and fills you up,  about 13-15 bucks but better than a 8 dollar turkey leg!

JWW

beaner jane

Yup im young enought to still be a junior member. It's not that I don't like them enought, I don't own any. I help some friends of mine with them. JWW thank you for all the "insider" info. I will be sure got make a list of things todo while I am there! Qdog, im sure she wouldn't be that mad, she is going to have the baby all to herself for a few days! lol maybe thats not a good thing. I don't know, no kids here!

Sassy Show Stock

I'm Denver bound for the first time as well!! Taking my Angus heifer I bought from Garcia Angus in Cheyenne, Wyoming. She's also going to the NJAS in Denver in July, right before my county fair...man, she'll be a happy camper then...not lol. I am riding down with veterans of the show life so I think they'll take care of me! lol any advice is welcome!

Davis Shorthorns

I will be there, no cattle just me and my GF.  I have been the last couple years and love it.  Best deal for lunch in my opinion is the all you can eat buffet it is like 15 bucks and the food is great.  Eat a light breakfast then stuff yourself for lunch and walk it off in the yards.  Make sure to go up on the catwalk in the yards it is a really neat view.  Most importantly have fun.

justintime

I will be in Denver again this year. I am also a delegate to the ASA annual meeting, and will also have cattle on the hill. We will have two 2 year old bulls in the show that we raised and have kept interests in. One is HC Timeline 17T ET who is shown last spring in my avator. He has continued to develop into a massive big butted bull. The second is HC FL Touchdown 123T ET. He is a May 2 year old that was named 2009 Canadian National Champion and also was Grand Champion at Canadian Western Agribition a couple weeks ago. He is tremendously thick and sound. It should be interesting to see these two in the same class in Denver. I look forward to meeting a bunch of SP members again this year. Look me up!

LazyGLowlines

justintime said:
I will be in Denver again this year. I am also a delegate to the ASA annual meeting, and will also have cattle on the hill. We will have two 2 year old bulls in the show that we raised and have kept interests in. One is HC Timeline 17T ET who is shown last spring in my avator. He has continued to develop into a massive big butted bull. The second is HC FL Touchdown 123T ET. He is a May 2 year old that was named 2009 Canadian National Champion and also was Grand Champion at Canadian Western Agribition a couple weeks ago. He is tremendously thick and sound. It should be interesting to see these two in the same class in Denver. I look forward to meeting a bunch of SP members again this year. Look me up!
wish you guys were there when we are...the first week.  We're leaving Thursday Jan 14 (I think that's the date) after our lowline show.  Too bad the breeds don't overlap.  Course we'll be in the yards....  Hopefully the weather will be nice, though we don't ever count on it.