denver

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

OK we are thinking about going to denver for the stock show since we got our pigs bred late.
We are thinking about taking a prospect market heifer, and maybe a bull if we can find one that we like enough. but i dont know if they would do any good. I also dont know where to find all the info.
and i cant fit to save my life, it always ends up looking like crap.

dori36

maine12 said:
OK we are thinking about going to denver for the stock show since we got our pigs bred late.
We are thinking about taking a prospect market heifer, and maybe a bull if we can find one that we like enough. but i dont know if they would do any good. I also dont know where to find all the info.

Info about the show, entries, schedule, etc can be found on the NWSS website.  You can Google it.  Just a small thought:  Denver is no place to show cattle on which the fitting looks like crap!!  It's VERY bigtime there!  You may want to find a "bigtime" fitter!  (lol)

pigguy

dori36 said:
maine12 said:
i know. there is a guy that leave about 30 minutes away that goes up there and helps fit, he also clips our cattle sometimes,
Info about the show, entries, schedule, etc can be found on the NWSS website.  You can Google it.  Just a small thought:  Denver is no place to show cattle on which the fitting looks like crap!!  It's VERY bigtime there!  You may want to find a "bigtime" fitter!   (lol)

knabe

i have spoken with several canadian maine anjou breeders and they have indicated they will be taking groups of cattle to denver if the border does really open up.  they are excited.  several prominent us breeders are arranging trips to canada shortly as well.  probably the same goes for shorthorns.  good to see.

Latest posts