DeShazer Cattle/Solution Genetics

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

Any of you Red Angus guru's have any input on this sale.  I finally had time to sit down and look at the DVD this weekend, looks like a pretty nice set.  We are asking from a Jr. show standpoint, and in most cases Red Angus here compete in the AOB division so they have to be pretty outstanding to compete, have watched Cassie Johnson for a couple of years now, don't know much about the other breeder.  Welcome any opinions.  Thanks

itk

I'm sure you remember how well Schakke's got along with their RA heifer a few years ago, so it can be done it takes a great one though. They are having appendix SH steer classes at all of the big state shows, I can't rember if they are doing it with heifers or not. If they are it would take alot of pressure off the AOB class. Looks like Clantons are bringing some heat to Johnson County again!

Jill

I do, that heifer of Schaake was REALLY nice, we have watched the RA deal since then because I really like the breed just wish they showed more in a class by themselves, the State Fair has a RA division and I think KJLA usually does, but those are the only ones I can remember.  The last fabulous RA I saw sale was 15,000.00 and that was way over my budget for a RA so we will keep looking :) They have started putting money and prizes into the state fair heifer show this year, so hopefully that will help boost the numbers on the heifers side.
Johnson County has gotten to be a pretty tough place to show, but it really is fun for those that like to compete, it is nice to be able to travel to the state shows and have a big showing from your county, it hasn't always been that way.  Bill Disberger judged our county and made the comment that the steer show would be competive anywhere at any level, and he was correct, it was unbelieveable, we have probably some of the smallest numbers in the state, but you have to be nationally competitive to do well at our county fair.  We love the appendix classes, since we raise both Maines and Shorthorns it gives us a lot more options for breeding. 

Show Heifer

I am always leary of cattle that is selling thousands of miles from their home.....