DF Casper 236 and All About You

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

I've always thought DF Casper looked like a pretty darn good bull!!    Seems like the All About You calves look real fancy early on but don't seem to grow and may not be the most sound I've ever seen.    Very limited numbers I've looked at though  and I don't know much about the cows they were out of!! 

EONF

I don’t know about DF Casper but the All About You calves that I have seen are very good. I’ve only seen a few but those few have been very impressing as they are very powerful, sound, balanced and have good attitudes. In my opinion, AAY works well on larger framed, purebred or F1 cows ,however, I have never talked to his breeder or seen the bull in person. My  yearling, black heifer is out of a moderate framed Reg. Black Angus and she is just a tick too small. She has great muscle, is very feminine and sound but could be a little softer made. This past year we saw two heifers out of Simmental and Simmental/Angus cows that were very soft made and had all the traits that I mentioned before. My favorite so far has been a bull calf out of a very large ( between 15oo-16oo lb) char/angus cow. He got his front end and navel from is momma but she has marked all her calves with those two traits. He looks like he will be a moderate framed bull when he is mature and , like the heifers, is a very laid back little guy.

Attachments

• Calves%204-9.jpg
    Calves%204-9.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Calves%204-11.jpg
    Calves%204-11.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 332

simtal

It is my experience that AAY can be the wildest calves I have ever been around.  They have a cool look to them but they can be nuts!

thepoorfarm

oakbar said:
I've always thought DF Casper looked like a pretty darn good bull!!    Seems like the All About You calves look real fancy early on but don't seem to grow and may not be the most sound I've ever seen.    Very limited numbers I've looked at though  and I don't know much about the cows they were out of!!   
[/quote I will let you know, I have two bred to him now.....due in Sept. a angus x and Reg, Shorty

EONF

On Phil Lautner's website it says that AAY's birthweight is 75 pounds, however, our calves have been slightly over that. All of the AAY calves that I have been around have been extremely curious ,and pushy to a certain extent, but once mine were broke they were my best acting calves. I still have to watch them though because every now and then she will try to throw a fit but she does it to test me more than anything else.

garybob

Look at Casper's Denver pics as a 2-yr-old. A ton-plus bull needs to have a set of rear wheels. In my opinion, his back feet are too small for a bull his size, and his Coronet Band is touching the shavings--meaning, he lacks heel depth. If he ever stepped on a rock, it'd be LA-200-time. In ''Black-dirt Country", he's fine, but, in the Ozarks, Appalachia, or the West (God forbid, the Desert Southwest) IMHO, He has the wimpiest-looking rear feet.

GB