1st class got next to last  :(
i didnt like the heifers that got picked

farmboy

I didnt go to the sandusky show.

Id say we were pretty close, one calf seperating us(lo)l
Next on the list is lancaster  :)

OH Breeder

char said:
Did you go to the show in upper sandusky?

Yes, we stood 2nd and 2nd with both of our heifers. The judge felt the one heifer was an absolute power house but too strong for him??? The other was also a powerhouse and yet the first place female was so narrow in her base and narrow on her top she looked like a razor back. Not really sour grapes here just confused. I know he was looking for cows, but I thought it was a little early to look for cows this soon in the season. We left after our classes.

char

I can agree with you....he was really hard to follow at times.....what classes were you in.....we had three families from our county go...there was a heifer in class 13(?) she was red and they got third....another family had a heifer in class 14 and they stood third from the bottom....and my oldest daughter had a steer in the last class...she ended up being 5th overall crossbred steer and then 5th overall in the show....all I can say is I thought we were at the State Fair...that's how hot it was when we there this year and this show's weather wasn't any different....Char

Nasc

Do you have a Shorthorn steer Farmboy?

Class 7 was a smoke`in one.
We seem to always hit the hard class.

We are going to try to take in Lancaster, if I can get off of work.

justme

I'm really missing Ohio....You guys have fall shows.  Our shows don't start until Feb. at the AGR here in Missouri.  Its like you go thru withdraws...show hard all summer then nothing.  We go to the Royal next week...our luck has to change I'm crossing my fingers