Did you buy anything today???

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

Today seemed to be a big day for calves, did anyone out there get something bought??  If so what did ya buy and if not what are you still looking for??  It might help to say
what state you are from and what state you bought in.  I thought it might be interesting to find out who travelled the farthest. <hero>

Jill

We weren't really looking, but both of the heifers we really like went over our budget.  From Kansas the heifers were in Iowa.

doubled

Gosh Jill thats too bad  you did not get one, there are still more out there for sure, keep looking and good luck.

gocanes719

Bought one, I need to find him a ride to Texas from Iowa.  If anyone is coming this way let me know.

TMJ Show Cattle

We didnt get anything yet either, looking for heifers.  Went to the Foundation Female sale and online a few in Iowa.  It is fun watching how much they are bringing though!! But I'm told "Theres LOTS more sales"  So we are still looking. 

cattlejunky

We didn't go to any sales, but Jill if you are like us we have champagne taste on a beer budget.  Hope you all find some nice ones.  The one picture looks good.

jeffb1

For those still "looking".... we'll have a sale in KS on Nov. 2, steers and heifers. JB

http://www.clubcalves.com/arkvalleycattleco.htm

CAB

Jill, where did you all stop over the time that you were in Iowa, and what sires did you think had the best offspring? Brent

Jill

SD-were you in Kansas?  We don't live too far from Kurt.  Stopped by Peine Bros they don't actually sell for another couple of weeks, but they had a handful of really nice steers and heifers if your up in this direction.

We didn't really make the rounds in Iowa, went to Nelson's and both Sullivan's-our top pick was 627 at John Sullivan's, she was a Hannibal out of Double Stuff, full sib to Blue Blood out of a really good cow family, had we been seriously looking she would have been mine, she was nice.  Saw a couple really nice Manchild and Who Da Man calves, friends down the road said there were really a lot of good Carnac calves out there, of course IMO you still can't beat a good Heat Wave.

Chap

Didn't expect to pick anything up, since I have my own to sell, but I did get a nice cow prospect at Allen's in IA.  Dr Who x Wyoming Wind - Composite Char.

Attachments

• 22 DW x WWind Char.jpg
    22 DW x WWind Char.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 517

CAB

We thought that Healey's had a very good deep set of calves. Roeker had 5 very good Carnac heifers, one good Killer Instinct. Thought that the Hired Man calves were good @ Joe Sullivan's, did't go through the big group of John's B/C it was going to be a 45 minute wait for a 4-wheeler, so we moved on.  Jill was the Hannibal X DS down accross the HWY? She was very good. Our pick @ Joe's was 827 Dr. Hook heifer. Brent

jimmyski

Jill said:
SD-were you in Kansas?  We don't live too far from Kurt.  Stopped by Peine Bros they don't actually sell for another couple of weeks, but they had a handful of really nice steers and heifers if your up in this direction.

We didn't really make the rounds in Iowa, went to Nelson's and both Sullivan's-our top pick was 627 at John Sullivan's, she was a Hannibal out of Double Stuff, full sib to Blue Blood out of a really good cow family, had we been seriously looking she would have been mine, she was nice.  Saw a couple really nice Manchild and Who Da Man calves, friends down the road said there were really a lot of good Carnac calves out there, of course IMO you still can't beat a good Heat Wave.

Jill,

It was nice to meet you finally. We didn't make too many stops, but did stop in at Boyle's and John Sullinvan's. I also really liked the Hannibal X Double Stuff Heifer. Another heifer I really liked there was the 702 red heifer. Boyle's had a nice set of calves with my favorites being 21H, a Sun Seeker X Camaro Heifer, P-65: a Jimmy the Greek out Hells Bells mother, and 136, Money Talks X Camaro steer. Lots of good cattle around, just spent too much time at Boyle's since I've known Jason for quite a while and was a really good stop for my kids. We got to do lots of individual evaluation stuff and them all go through and pick out their favorite 2 steers and heifers and then come back and tell me why. Lots of fun though.

Jill

CAB said:
  We thought that Healey's had a very good deep set of calves. Roeker had 5 very good Carnac heifers, one good Killer Instinct. Thought that the Hired Man calves were good @ Joe Sullivan's, did't go through the big group of John's B/C it was going to be a 45 minute wait for a 4-wheeler, so we moved on.  Jill was the Hannibal X DS down accross the HWY? She was very good. Our pick @ Joe's was 827 Dr. Hook heifer. Brent
We didn't go to Healy's, but from what I heard and the pics on the web site they had a great set.  627 was the natural calf on that cow, she was in the pen with 18 or so on the side where you parked, my list is in Earl's truck and I don't remember the numbers at Joe's off the top of my head.  Did get to see jimmyski and his crew, fun times in a van! it's nice to put a face with a name.  Next year we'll plan a little better, we really didn't go to look at anything but Nelson's and thought while we were that close we would go to Sullivan's, we'll make a list and do the rounds next year.

Show Dad

Jill said:

Jill can you see your place from I35? If so I pass by occasionally due to work.

We shot across from Ottawa on our way to Kurt's place.

Kurt has a really nice Angus X Shorthorn cross heifer (neighbors bull jumped the fence) at a steal of a price. It was still there when we left. Just couldn't get the boys to let go of their money for one more. Might just have to spend my own and go back and get her.
<alien>

Jill

We are about 20 minute East of Ottawa on the North side of the highway, we sit right on I-35 just before the Gardner Rd. exit.  If you know where the KC Pumpkin Patch is we are just West of there.