Different calf?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Geocacheking

Ok I have a red brahman heifer who is a little bit different. I  have shown her at a couple shows and she is very calm but.....when I put her I'm her pen she won't let me catch very easy I have to leave a lead rope on her to catch her and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on how I can stop this so I don't have to leave a lead rope on her. Thanks

GoWyo

Catch her every day to feed her.  She will look forward to getting caught.  In the meantime, make sure she is in a small pen to catch her.  Ours wise up about going into the little pen, so we just rope them (a quiet little flip loop, not an overhead swing) and they give up after a few days of catching them every day.

Ms Ray

my sons cow has never liked to be caught once you put a halter on she is a puppy.  we usually can just give her a little grain and she will let us put it on.

flacowman

I have had several that liked to play tag, but once the halter was on you couldn't spook em if you tried.  I did the little pen deal and we just went round and round til they finally gave up.