Dirty Hairy

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

This may have been a topic before, but what does DH work best on?
How is he as a calving ease bull?

Red

CAB

Cathy, we used him this summer all on virgin heifers that are deeper, dirtier fronted looking. Saw some this last spring out of 1st calf heifers. They were smaller and pretty, but maybe could use some more grow. Think that he might work like Ali, but it's too early tell for sure. I heard comments from some that think the calves are very plain also, but I think it's way too early to tell about that. We used some Gig Joe also on virgin heifers. Glad to see that you are up to posting a little Cathy. Sincerely,Brent

kane1598

I think he works on anything that has a little extra power.  I am sure you have seen all the pictures of our Dirty Harry heifer whos dam is a really stout heatwave.  She was born unassisted about 75 lbs.  From her and what I have seen, they are hairy from the begining but in general they come on late alot like Ali's do. We have talked to the owners and they like him on clubby type cows and on Shorthorns. I think you'll be very happy with your calves Red.  Here are some pictures of our heifer and her mama (first picture); people just love them and we could have either sold 100 times by now. Ours has done great for us in the ring, and her best days are yet to come. We plan to flush her next spring. Its great to see you back Red ;)

Attachments

• index[7].jpg
    index[7].jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 356
  • index[8].jpg
    index[8].jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 348
  • indexCAK3EGVB.jpg
    indexCAK3EGVB.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 359
  • index[10].jpg
    index[10].jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 368

red

heard he works better on bigger framed cows. Any thoughts on that?
Also how maternal are his females.

Red

kane1598

I would say that he added size to our cow, the heifer is much bigger than her dam.  She will be one of the first Dirty Harry's to calve.  Overall, I would say that they are maternally designed with a little clubby style and hair.