Dirty Harry Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

DMAF

Need some opinions from the Steer Planet crowd on Dirty Harry calves.  We bred 5 cows to dirty harry last spring and they all caught.  With all the buzz last year about his calves and after seeing a couple we were excited to say the least.  Our first ones hit the ground last week and they are not what I was expecting.  We have only calved 3 of the 5. 

Here is my question, Do Dirty Harry calves start out rough looking and get better as they get older?  Everyone has nothing but nice things to say and was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.  The three calves all have poor legs.  The dams all are Angus cows. 

Thanks in Advance for any advice.

VJ

I was happy when I first saw both of mine. Everyday they look even better. I'll try to post pics today. I have one more coming out of a K&A Maverick cow. She's due Wed but looks like she won't last that long. My first two came a few days early.

kane1598

Ours looked good from the start. We had her clipped out and had people come look at her a week after she was born.

Show Steaks

WE Had 5, one die during birth. 1 heifer and 3 steers. The ehifer is real nice and femine but would like more bone. The Steers are pretty palin, one of them is really thicking up though he could be good. All the Calves are out of  commercial angus cows. one was out of a first calf heifer.

DMAF

cattlechick said:
Are these DH calves coming late at all, or are they on time?

One was one week early, two were one or two days early, the fourth one is five days overdue right now, and the last one is not due till April.

OH Breeder

Show Steaks said:
WE Had 5, one die during birth. 1 heifer and 3 steers. The ehifer is real nice and femine but would like more bone. The Steers are pretty [size=10pt]palin,[/size] one of them is really thicking up though he could be good. All the Calves are out of  commercial angus cows. one was out of a first calf heifer.

you are going to start trouble callin your calves Palin................Kidding