dirty harry vs. dirty harry2

Help Support Steer Planet:

herefordfootball

I havent seen  either one...But going by the pictures DH2 is phenotypically better, but DH is proven on calving ease and throwing "the look", so if your asking what to breed with I'd go with DH.

cattlechick

Yeah, I really liek the looks of DH2 alot, have a hard time using an unproven, but they should be pretty similar, not sure

herefordfootball

Ya should be...but you never know. I'd probaly go with Dirty Harry until DH2 has a calf crop, he's a good lookin bull, but you have no idea what to expect with his calves. Full brothers can throw two totally different types of calves.

KMJCC

I would agree, I would go with DH until you know what DH2 does.  But I will say that DH2 looks real nice.  Good Luck!

OH Breeder

I think that Dirty Harry2 took better pictures just like some of the Heat wave Clones. But as we know full brothers can breed completely different. For example Sonny has some full brothers out there and none have recaptured his ability. CF Solution, HD Bloodstone, CF Primo and CF Phoenix none of these boys seem to breed the same.

I say give DH 2 a season. I have a Dirty Harry heifer which I really like. Great neck extension and depth of body as well as spring of rib. I would use DH 2 on a cow just to see how they compare.

FutureBreeder2013

OH Breeder said:
I think that Dirty Harry2 took better pictures just like some of the Heat wave Clones. But as we know full brothers can breed completely different. For example Sonny has some full brothers out there and none have recaptured his ability. CF Solution, HD Bloodstone, CF Primo and CF Phoenix none of these boys seem to breed the same.

I say give DH 2 a season. I have a Dirty Harry heifer which I really like. Great neck extension and depth of body as well as spring of rib. I would use DH 2 on a cow just to see how they compare.

I just read something about full siblings and different chromosome pairs that was real interesting that goes along with what you were saying.

DakotaCow

Here is my thought on the brothers, it is amazing how much you can change a bull due to feed, melatonin implants, clipping, enviroment. Look at the orginal heatwave and then HW 15. Yes DH2 does appear to be a bit softer, with more hair but the issue I have with him is his picture is taken concealing his feet. The the orignal dirty hairy could have used a tick more flex off of both ends to really make me happy. Just my two cents. BTW I have no offical thoughts on either of the bulls. <cowboy>

Latest posts