Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe on Lamb Castration, PETA, and American Labor GOOD

Help Support Steer Planet:

chiangus

rowe is a good guy, he would be a better guy if he drove a chevy  ;D

RSC

Thanks for that, Verry Good!  He did a great job of slamming Peta with out directly saying so!

Tony

chambero

I just listened to the whole thing.  That is one of the most relevant speeches I've heard in a long time on a lot of fronts - animal issues being the least of them.

Did you know he used to be an opera singer?

P-F

I tried to post the link but it came up as the video

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-udsIV4Hmc>

See if it worked this time you will have to take out the <>

mechanic

Amen Mike Rowe!

It is amazing how sucking on the testicals of a lamb would give you insite into the demize of hard work. In this part of the world I definately believe we have become a discard society in where we use and abuse things untill we find something new and then the old gets put aside or discarded without remorse. My grandfather always said that hard work never hurt anyone but you had to use common sense and work smart which made the hard work easier. In Canada we too are seeing a decline in tradespeople. It is getting harder and harder to find "craftsmen". before long the ones that are left won't be around to teach there craft, that is if we can find someone willing to learn.

I had a visit from Emerson Clarke of Scotsdale Shorthorns last week. I always enjoy these visits with Emerson and the people of his era. if you are smart enough to listen you learn something everytime. These men and women were what I call true "craftsmen".
I  think they should let an old Farmer take a stab at making policies for the country. Common sense and brut force sometimes work quite effectively.

Jim