displays

Help Support Steer Planet:

Moocow11

Does any one have any pictuers of the cattle displays at the big shows.  and like at denver when you have bulls On the hill can you put 4 bulls in one of the sullivans cages that will hold 4 calves or do you have to have a stall divider between each bull

OH Breeder

Personally speaking, I have not set one of those displays up at NAILE DENVER ETC, but, from a marketing perspective, you should have a stall divider. It will distinguish the animal from the others. Colored shavings etc also help draw the eye to the animal. If you displaying muliple bulls, I would seperate them with stall dividers accordingly. Just humble opinion, which is not much.

TJ

Moocow11 said:
Does any one have any pictuers of the cattle displays at the big shows.  and like at denver when you have bulls On the hill can you put 4 bulls in one of the sullivans cages that will hold 4 calves or do you have to have a stall divider between each bull

I can't ever recall us taking stall dividers to Louisville for the NAILE, State Fair or Beef Expo, etc., except for one year when we had a display inside the building with the food court & we were among the vendors.    However, with that said, I can't ever recall us NOT taking stall divders to Denver.  In Louisville, we only took youth projects & weren't too worried about promotion... just showing.  However, at Denver, I've only taken Breeding Animals & the main purpose was trying to promote.

I've also set up individual displays @ World Beef Expo, NAILE, Sunbelt Expo, and a few regional deals for animals that were on display only.  When I did those we used 3 painted corral pannels & made our own stall divider/box on 4 sides to keep everything enclosed & looking neat.   

So, it all boils down to what your goals are.  If they are to promote & impress, then I would use the dividers, etc..  If you are just taking a few head to show just for he fun of it & that's it, I might not. 

Hope that helps!!
TJ

Jill

Moocow11 said:
What exactly are you looking for when you say caatle displays, are you wanting picture of cattle in the cages, the banners, Denver display bulls, not exactly sure what you are asking for.  The Sullivans cage will hold 4 bulls, but if I were promoting a bull (I assume you mean in the clubby bull display section) I would make sure each bull had adequate space not in a cage to not be confused with the bull next to him.  I know when I look at a bull, I like to be able to walk around the bull and look at the front to me it is just as important as the rear view, and in a cage you can't do that if you have 4 all you will see is the rear.  JMO

Moocow11

Jill said:
Moocow11 said:
What exactly are you looking for when you say caatle displays, are you wanting picture of cattle in the cages, the banners, Denver display bulls, not exactly sure what you are asking for.  The Sullivans cage will hold 4 bulls, but if I were promoting a bull (I assume you mean in the clubby bull display section) I would make sure each bull had adequate space not in a cage to not be confused with the bull next to him.  I know when I look at a bull, I like to be able to walk around the bull and look at the front to me it is just as important as the rear view, and in a cage you can't do that if you have 4 all you will see is the rear.  JMO

i figured out the bulls on the hill. know does any have nay pictuers of the displays, banners, and the bulls

OH Breeder

Moocow11 said:
Jill said:
Moocow11 said:

i figured out the bulls on the hill. know does any have nay pictuers of the displays, banners, and the bulls

GO to the link below. There are photos in the photo album of cattle on the hill. It is under photo album.
http://steppingstonegenetics.com/default.cfm

DLD

You can't use fan cages on the hill at Denver. The people I was helping this year put one up, not knowing, and they were told (by NW people)to take it down - not just the fans, but the bars across the back at the top also. We were told that if it was behind the cattle, it was in the aisle, and was not allowed. I'm not big on cages at open shows anyway - it's supposed to be about marketing cattle and they do block alot of light and view.

Jill

Moocow11 said:
Jill said:
Moocow11 said:
There is web site out there, but I can't remember what the name is that went around and taped all of the display bulls, if anyone remembers what the site name is it would have what you are looking for.

shorthorns r us

Jill said:
Moocow11 said:
Jill said:
Moocow11 said:
There is web site out there, but I can't remember what the name is that went around and taped all of the display bulls, if anyone remembers what the site name is it would have what you are looking for.

http://www.cattle.com/video/category.aspx?cat=Denver%20Display%20Bulls%202007