Disqualified

Help Support Steer Planet:

SouthWest

anls.org

For the second year in a row, the Champion Market Steer has been disqualified at Arizona Nationals. 

doubled

not good- does anyone know who owned the steer that was disqualified??

yousesteers

Schnoor had reserve according to the Website and was not disqualified looks to be the Angus class winner and the Grand overall

kimbaljd

I just saw that it was the second class winner out of the Crossbred & AOB Class.

steer-guy

From what I can see, there appears to be more than one that was disqualified. Looks like a simmy that was Grand Champion and disqualified and the Champion Angus got thrown out as well.

steer-guy

Actually, it looks like the Simmy was the Reserve over all and the Angus was the only one that was thrown out. So, the Reserve takes it all!

thats funny

If I remember right, i think I remember seeing that steer on one of the Sunseeker adds in one of the recent showcircuits....so maybe thats why?

chambero

thats funny said:
If I remember right, i think I remember seeing that steer on one of the Sunseeker adds in one of the recent showcircuits....so maybe thats why?

If they want to start DQing "Champion Angus Steers"  that aren't Angus then the line forms to the left.  You can find plenty of ads for bulls that sired champion Angus steers (i.e. there was an Ali ad a year or two ago).

Doubt that's what it was, but have no idea what it could be.  We used to buy calves from Doug and have known him a long time.  Lives less than an hour from us in the next county.  I've got the utmost respect for him and am really surprised something like this happened involving them.  Steers are pretty secondary for them and doubt they'd intentionally risk everything else (their heifers, his judging, etc).

If they are going to make it public they DQ'd someone, they ought to tell why.

SouthWest

DNA test came out positive.  The steer was shown at a terminal show.  The same show the champion dq came out of last year. 

chambero

Out of curiousity, how do you know know that's what it was? 

What's their rule?  You can't show a calf that has been shown at another terminal show before or you can't show one that has been sold through one?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make an educated guess that Satree didn't realize they bought a calf that was ineligible.  I know there are a lot of big calves that are traded around in the fall.  I would guess you might not know where all that calf had been shown.  It's pretty odd if the same thing has happened twice in a row.  Arizona doesn't pay that much and isn't that prestigous for someone like the Satree's to risk it intentionally, especially on an issue you know the show is watching out for.

This little problem is real easily solved if they'd move their entry dates way back before the fall majors. 

steer-guy

Correct me if I'm wrong... But when it's a terminal show, doesn't the market animal go to a packer from there? It's sold to the market. Our county used to be terminal and the champion hog (gilt) just vanished in an hour after the load was taken to the holding pen at the aution barn....

chambero

Curiousity was killing the cat so I looked up Arizona's rules.

You have to own your steer by Aug. 31.  You have to turn in a nomination form by Aug. 31 with a hair sample for DNA.

I'd be shocked if for the second year in a row someone tried to smuggle a sale calf out of the American Royal to take to Arizona.  Not someone that has access to plenty of real good calves.

SouthWest

Good one.  How did you know the calf was smuggled out of the American Royal?  Never mentioned it.  Why would you(they)  submit the dna sample for Arizona then go show at a terminal show before it?  Or did they own the calf before Aug 31 then not known it was shown as a market steer before Arizona.  When a person gets caught, its never their fault.  And bigger, never the jockey's fault.

afhm

SouthWest said:
DNA test came out positive.  The steer was shown at a terminal show.  The same show the champion dq came out of last year. 
Southwest you mentioned it was out of the same show which was the Royal.