DJ Refector

Help Support Steer Planet:

REM

I have was wondering if anybody had any experience with him. More specificily what type of Maine pedigrees and cow types he worked on. I know he will add some birth weight . Thanks.

DL

DJ Reflector is a Smithbilt son known for producing good females. He is black with white sox and a larger framed older style Maine bull. I have a picture if you are interested. Max Redgate used a lot of Reflector - you could contact him re they type of females Reflector works best on.

knabe

here's a pic of him

http://redgatecattleco.com/herd_sires.htm

scroll down.

you can see from the pedigrees that he linebreeds reflector a LOT.

by the way, waynoka Ok is a neat place.

Reflector_sm.jpg

AAOK

Don't breed him to heifers.  I have a nieghbor who lost several heifers and calves due to the extreme size of the calves.

REM

Thanks for info everyone . I was just looking for a direction since I've used him on every Angus cow I have. I do have a 1/2 blood Black Dice cow I might try him on.

DLD

I've seen him work well on clubbier bred/type females, like Who Made Whos and Paybacks. You can get some nice Maintainer heifers breeding him that way. He's worked well on the old Power Plant x Angus cows in the past. He was a great bull in his day, and prob'ly could still work well in the right situations.

red

REM said:
Thanks for info everyone . I was just looking for a direction since I've used him on every Angus cow I have. I do have a 1/2 blood Black Dice cow I might try him on.

Black dice's tend to have big birth weights. My red cow is out of a full brother to him & she has only had 1 calf under 100 & that was 99 pounds.  :eek: I'd make sure your Black Dice has a low BW.
Very nice cattle but just the BW's kill you. My best cow is an Iceman x Foreplay. Love her!

Red