DJ Salution

Help Support Steer Planet:

kane1598

I believe that the owners occasionaloy post on here and I am seeking more info on this sire.  What are the birthweights like, calf pictures, winnings and sale results of his offspring would be appreciated. how are the females turning out? thank you.

CAB

Past owners are on the board regularly. It's P-F. They now own Amazon. Both are out of R&R Warehouse.

rtmcc

I have had some and really liked them.  All came easy.  Had one bull calf out of a Sim/Angus heifer with some bw on her side that was 94 pounds but shaped right to come out and did great.  Had a set of twin heifer calves out of him this year that are cute as can be.
Here is a picture of our seven year old son's B/O heifer by Solution.  She has been second in class both times out to different heifers that both ended up being Res. Gr. % Simmi at Minnesota Beef Expo and Badger Kickoff.  Her dam is a Half blood by EXAR New Look and a maternal sister to Kayla Nelson's heifer that won the junior % Simmi show in Louisville.
The twins are Candy and Sweet Heart.

Attachments

• 100_5714.JPG
    100_5714.JPG
    590.5 KB · Views: 229
  • sc0056f6f2.jpg
    sc0056f6f2.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 244

rtmcc

Heres a three quarter blood bull by Solution that we have for sale at home.  Just a quick photo one day.  He has a lot of performance and look to him.  Should make some awesome females.
Ron
<cowboy>

Attachments

• 100_5551.JPG
    100_5551.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 213

knabe

rtmcc said:
Heres a three quarter blood bull by Solution that we have for sale at home.  Just a quick photo one day.  He has a lot of performance and look to him.  Should make some awesome females.
Ron
<cowboy>

you should toy around with that background and throw some fresh straw down.  has a real nice retro look to it.

rtmcc

you should toy around with that background and throw some fresh straw down.  has a real nice retro look to it.
[/quote]

Thanks Knabe. Thats kind of what we were experimenting with that day.  Seeing if we had enough light and space in that location.  The cows were to our left behind a gate and that did not help our project.  The bull was much more interested in them than my "able bodied photo assistant." we have a great place we use for pictures out in one of our small pastures with the prefect little hill and background.  Problem is it has about 2 feet of snow on it right now.  I think you are right.  with a little work this location should work good.
Ron
<cowboy>

Attachments

• 100_5590.JPG
    100_5590.JPG
    915.8 KB · Views: 200

GLZ

For the record the able body assistant picture is nothing short of fantastic.  (clapping)

It sure beats taking 200 + pictures trying to get that one correct one without the assistant.

rtmcc

GLZ said:
For the record the able body assistant picture is nothing short of fantastic.  (clapping)

It sure beats taking 200 + pictures trying to get that one correct one without the assistant.
Thanks!  For Seven years old, he's more cowboy than many teenagers and adults I 'v worked with.  It sure is getting fun as the kids get a little older.  Our ten year old daughter is just out of the picture behind the bull trying to get him to move up "just another half a step."
<cowboy>

FBF

Thank you for your interest in DJ Salution.  I own part of him along with the other original 3 partners.  As far as calving ease, he is proven.  If you want a neutral person to confirm that, try contacting a semen company such as Cattlevisions.  They sell semen on hundreds of bulls, and still back the calving ease of Salution.

His first daughters are calving now.  The reports are coming in and we are very excited about what we are hearing:  Unassisted calving, jumping up and mothering the calves, plenty of milk and easy to work with.  We bred several to Total Salution, those turned out good enough that I will repeat the mating on ALL our first calf Salution Daughters in the future.

As far as the value of his daughters, watch the DJ Salution ads in SC and LP for sale heifer pics.

GiddKapp

We have had 3 this year-nothing over 80lbs.  Like to use on our heifers.  Had 1 bull calf and 2 heifer calves and so far like the looks.

GiddKapp

Here is my bull calf out of DJ salution.  This picture was in the first couple weeks after birth.

Attachments

• Mojo_04.JPG
    Mojo_04.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 218