DJ Salution

Help Support Steer Planet:

P-F

We have about 15 babies on the ground.
He puts a nice blaze on them!
He is going to be an excellent choice for breeding clubby heifers and cows. 
We turned him out on a group of Duff bred comm Angus females last year and they are nice real pretty, he just didn't add any bone or power to them but they sure came easy, and they do get better every day.  Now a few friends of ours used him on maine cross cows and clubbies and have some really nice calves.

He won't add bone, power or hair, but he will put a good front on them, a blaze face and won't take away any bone or power just won't add it.  He is going to be a calving ease bull.  He doesn't breed like a simmy, If you are familiar with DeJongs program he breeds alot like any of their maine bulls.

We bought another PB Warehouse son w/Mac Smith (He is my avitar)  Named Amazon and has a lot more power in him than Salution and is bigger boned.He is also real good fronted.  I think he will be a better choice for Angus Females,We are breeding those same Duff females to him this year and we are still using Salution on our more powered up females and on our heifers.

We have semen available on both bull if you are interested.

P-F

here are a couple pics from a month ago

Attachments

• Mar 12 2008_0202 1.JPG
    Mar 12 2008_0202 1.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Mar 12 2008_0204 1.JPG
    Mar 12 2008_0204 1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 332
  • Mar 12 2008_0205 1.JPG
    Mar 12 2008_0205 1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 316

simmi1

The calves look really nice.  Is DJ Salution homozygous black and is there sexed semen available?

kanshow

P-F - What will he do on frame size?  I'm thinking about using him on some thick Simmi cows that could stand a little downsizing.   

Telos

From those 3  calf pictures, he looks like he'll help some of those cows that might be a bit too straight on their hind wheels. Good fronts too.

P-F

He is a frame 5.5, not sure what he will do for frame he may keep them the same, We had bought him to add a notch of frame to our smaller Angus cows, I would assume if they are frame 6.5 plus he may bring them down a 1/2 frame.

On those purebreds you may want to watch his EPD's he is a -3 for milk.  IF that is a concern Amazon would be a better choice.

He does put plenty of set in that rear leg, Which on our Angus girls may be too much,  But I think he is the real deal when it comes to calving ease and sellable calves.

He is homoblack, the other partners nixed sexed semen (thats a big part of why we don't own him anymore)

IF you want my opinion.  Amazon is a better bull that Salution, however we will have to wait till next year to find out how the babies are and calving ease

Salution is at stud at Nichols and Amazon is at Great Lakes

Hope this helps