DL - tell us about Fawn calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

ROAD WARRIOR

CAB - from the beginning of the breed we have "brought in" new genetic variations from the black breed. That is where we started from in the 40's after all. While we have become a seperate entity over the years we do on occassion still bring a red hided calf in from an "Angus" herd. While there may be more differences between the Red and Black Angus cattle than there are similarities today their origen is still the same. We would like to believe as R A breeders that we do our own "thing" compared to the blacks and truthfully that is probably where the differences between the breeds come from. In the 70's and 80's there were probably larger influxes of Black blood than anytime in the past with Dan Patch and Big Sky Pine Drive being two of the more popular sires of the day. On a personal level there are alot of black cattle today that I don't really care for and would not consider bringing their genetics into my herd. Truthfully I think we as a breed are in a good position with good commercialy accepted cattle that will work in the real world, but I may be a little biased! :) RW

stick

frostback, I probably would have replied in the same way. Sounded like kind of a back handed slap at DL to me. If you know the pedigrees involved so well, you post the animals involved. I've stayed away from this board for a while, I guess maybe things haven't changed a whole lot.  ??? Do enjoy the history lessons from justintime though.

DL

frostback said:
I already apoligized for the way I worded the post not sure what else I can do.

she did - I accepted - life goes on!  ;D

aj

I have learned more about genetic defects from dl and the discussion boards than anywhere else. What amazes me is the general public's ignorance about the genetic defects. I say give er heck dl. The only people badmouthing dl are people trying to hide something. It's not good or bad it's just the way it is. Also, if you think the shorthorn mafia has clout try butting heads with the big  boys in the black Angus breeds. :-*

Latest posts