DNA Sampling Question?

Help Support Steer Planet:

greenbean

We had a calf a couple of days ago out of a cow that we bought on a sale this winter.  The catalog said she was AI'd to Nutt-n-Butt and safe to him.  She was exposed to a 734 son.  She calved 16 days late to the AI date based on a 283 gestation period.  Or 6 days early to the clean up bull.  The cow is all black and is a Whiskey for my men out of an Angus.  The calf is colored just like 734, baldy one patch over his eye, 4 white socks, all white belly.  Called the breeder and he said that his Nutt-n-Butt calves have been 2 weeks late this year and they have been colored up too, but I forgot to ask if that was out of all black cows too.  Anyway we figured the best thing to do would be to DNA the calf.  How much does DNA testing usually cost, where do you send the hair sample, do you have to get a kit and if so where can you get one?  Thanks for your help in Advance!

greenbean

Actual BW was 100 lbs. even.  Guess this kinda goes along with the topic of AI bull or clean up bull from a couple weeks ago  (lol)

BCCC

I would say its the AI sire then, as I dont think it would be weighing 100 pounds being 6 days early out of a 734 son. However could deffinatly see it weighing 100 pounds being 16 days late out of NBB