Do you have a State Beef Expo or Classic?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Does your state have a beef expo coming up? If so what's it like & how well attended?
I noticed that RSC sent me some information on Nebraska's Cattleman's Classic. Looked like a great event for a cattle person in that neck of the woods. for more imformation on it go to: www.cattlemens.org
Ohio also has a great beef expo. It is held in Columbus, Ohio during the weekend of March 16-18. It has one of the best trade shows that I've been to & also some really good breed sales. They have a show for Juniors on Sunday but it is limited to only those from Ohio. For more information on Ohio's Expo go to www.ohiobeefexpo.com
Share with us your state's events or maybe lack of one! ;)
Red (cow)

schoenbi

The Michigan Beef Expo is March 30- April 2, located in East Lansing at the Michigan State University Livestock Pavillion. The open show/sale is ok, but is getting better over the years, good turn out with the Angus, Simis, and Shorthorns. The other breeds there is not very many but decient quality. The show is on the 31st, the sales are on the 1st. The MSU Block and Bridle Junior show is on the second. The junior show is a really nice ran show, last year there was 520 head shown so its a good sized show. And the facilites are some of the best. Ill post the details and a link to the website for the junior show once i get the updated forms and website  from B&B.

Mrs. G

The Will Rogers Classic is February 24-25 in Claremore, OK. Open to everyone and sanctioned for Oklahoma Club Calf Association (OCCA) points. The show is Steers, Heifers and Showmanship - 4 rings - 4 judges and 4 sets of points in one weekend. Judges are Ryan Rash, Brent Poe, Blake Bloomberg and John Declerk. The flyer is posted on the calendar page of the OCCA web site at www.oklahomaclubcalfassociation.com  No pre-entry required, one head makes a breed, Prospects are up to 1000 and  Progress are 1001+

Mrs. G

2007 Oklahoma Junior Beef Expo will be April 28-29 in Stillwater, OK - sanctioned for OCCA double points - steers and heifers both days - Prospects are up to 800 lbs and Progress are 801+. Showmanship Saturday only. Flyer with detaills and judges will be posted to OCCA web site soon at www.oklahomaclubcalfassociation.com

red

Mrs G, thank you for all the OK information! Really great to have you onboard!
I think Lawton, OK is going to be the home for both the Jr Maine & Shorthorn Nationals this year? Maybe you & AAOK can fill us in later on what's going on in Lawton.
Thanks,
Red (clapping)

red

schoenbi said:
The Michigan Beef Expo is March 30- April 2, located in East Lansing at the Michigan State University Livestock Pavillion. The open show/sale is ok, but is getting better over the years, good turn out with the Angus, Simis, and Shorthorns. The other breeds there is not very many but decient quality. The show is on the 31st, the sales are on the 1st. The MSU Block and Bridle Junior show is on the second. The junior show is a really nice ran show, last year there was 520 head shown so its a good sized show. And the facilites are some of the best. Ill post the details and a link to the website for the junior show once i get the updated forms and website  from B&B.
Shoenbi, I've been to Michigan's Expo. Really a nice facility. The trade show back then wasn't the greatest. Has it improved? Keep us informed!
Thanks so much!
Red (cow)