Do you know these judges??

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

Has anyone shown under either Blake Nelson of Warner, Oklahoma or Jake Scott of Gordon, Nebraska? If so what did each like in breeding heifers?
Thanks in advance,
Sarah

BGF

I know them both, look for sound functional cattle.  Honest opinion they are two good judges.  Doubt they would ever do much halter judging.  The best one will probably win.  Both went to Conners and judged at OSU. 

GRIZZ

Know both of these guys pretty well. Have never seen Jake sort a show, but he knows cattle very well and I would imagine he would do a great job. I have seen Nelson judge a bunch of times and am more impressed each time. He will pick the best one in the bunch, they have to be sound, big bodied, and functional. You going to the Wiregrass in December?

SSIMMENTALS

Thanks everyone.

Grizz, thats the plan. It's going to be a bit of a drive for us, so I wanted to check these two guys out, but all sounds well. I'm not 100% but we will probably be there. Our AGR show got cancelled this year and I have 2 heifers that I really want to get out as much as possible.  Are you familiar with the show, they didn't list premiums or if they were splitting % simmy from PB on heifers, so you might  be able to save me a phone call.

Thanks,
Sarah

shortdawg

We will be there. It is a pretty good show with a lot of opportunities. Steer, Breeding Heifer, Market Heifer, and Cow/Calf Shows. Two rings with premiums paid in each. I think we will just take heifers to this one. We have a show the weekend before in our county.

GRIZZ

Sarah,
  I just talked to the guy running the show. As far as the money was concerned they pay out top 5 in each class and the top 5 Overall. And yes they split Purebred Simi and Percentage Simi. I have personally never been to this show but have judged a show for the same people that put this one on and they run things right, very organized. And with the two judges that are going to be there, it ought to be well worth your time to make the trip over.