does anyone have a good breakfast casserole?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I'm looking for a good, simple breakfast casserole recipe. Any ideas?
Also, I got some Peppermint coffee, I've just found another reason to drink coffee!!!!

Red

cowz

Red, Is that the kind of coffee that just tastes good, or the coffee that keeps you warm and giggling?  ;D

red

cowz said:
Red, Is that the kind of coffee that just tastes good, or the coffee that keeps you warm and giggling?   ;D
today I need something to make me giggley! no, it's just the warm your toes w/ a hint of peppermint.

Sorry, it's just one of my black days.  :'(

Red

cowz

OK,  I'm such a smart aleck.......  here are a couple easy ones:

Potato & Sausage Casserole:

1 lb.pork sausage
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup diced onion
4 cups sliced raw potatoes
grated cheese

Brown sausage and drain well.  Place potatoes in bottom of greased casserole and top with sausage. Blend soup, milk and onions and add to top layer.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 min.  Add cheese and bake another 10-15 min.

This one is not for little kids, but we like it for a special breakfast.

Mock chili rellenos

1 Large can mild whole green chilis
1 lb. Monterrey Jack
1/2 lb.Cheddar cheese, shredded
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Drain chilis, slit open and stuff with a strip of Monterrey cheese (about the size of a pencil).  Layer stuffed chilis in a greased casserole dish.  Beat eggs, milk, flour and salt.  Pour over chilis, top with grated cheddar.
Bake at 350 for an hour.

xkrushx

they both sound amazing, but anything sounds good right now because im waitin for our polish christmas eve dinner tho...

cowz

xkrushx said:
they both sound amazing, but anything sounds good right now because im waitin for our polish christmas eve dinner tho...

I married into a Polish clan...used to have pierogies and oyster soup at midnight after church.

Tonight we are having ham and asparagus and wild rice with mushrooms.

Whats cooking for your dinner?

Cowboy

I whip this one up every so often, doesn't HAVE to be for breakfast --I usually have this for lunch!

Dependiing how many there are to serve --(We have 4) I use 2 eggs per person, 1/2 potato, good size portion of the meat preffered -- and the rest is as follows---

Leaving skins on, wash and dice I small potato for each person - or adjust for hunger factor ! Dice into 1/2 to 3/4" cubes.

In large skillet -- add olive oil to fry -- add potatos and season to taste with Garlic salt. Brown rather quickly, turning often so all are browned - they will still feel firm - nut mushy.

Cube as above using Smoked Ham or Canadian Bacon - again, adjust amount for number and hunger level.

Add to skillet and reduce heat to simmer

In a bowl -- beat 2 eggs per person and mix in about a cup or so of Cheddar Cheese sauce. Mix well

Evenly pour this mixture over meat and potatoes -- and cook ONLY long enough to thicken the eggs/cheese mixture on top of pan. It will have the texture of soft scrambled eggs! Remember SOFT

Serve without mixing or stirring further -- Toast any one??? Strong FRESH high octane coffee -- never left on burner, and smiles all around!

High Octane meaning House Blend or higher Starbucks -- oh crap -- now I'm hungry!

Terry