Double Talent

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

Hay guys,

A friend of mine has some old semen on that bull, anyone know if he is a carrier?

itk

I know he is THC don't know about PHA status. I don't know if he is listed or not but we had a heifer out of a full sister to Equity and DT that came back THC and obviously the dam was THF, so you figure out where the TH came from.

red

itk said:
I know he is THC don't know about PHA status. I don't know if he is listed or not but we had a heifer out of a full sister to Equity and DT that came back THC and obviously the dam was THF, so you figure out where the TH came from.

Remember ITK, not every mating of carrier to carrier will result in a decfective calf. Your cow could still be a carrier but you just happened to beat the 25% odds.

Red

Doc

red said:
itk said:

Remember ITK, not every mating of carrier to carrier will result in a decfective calf. Your cow could still be a carrier but you just happened to beat the 25% odds.

Red

Red, I think he was saying that the cow was free by pedigree with no Improver or Improver 57th in her pedigree. So if the calf was THC it had to come from the sire.