Double Vision Donor Decision

Help Support Steer Planet:

herf96

Running out of ideas and was wondering what some peoples thoughts are and their successes in the club calf world with Double Vision.

This cow is a full sister to a very succesful shorthorn steer shown in Oklahoma by the Stover family and he won the heavy divison a few years back at OKC.  She was left open to be flushed and has had one successful flush this fall to BIM.  She will be flushed again in the next few weeks to Solid Gold of Horns, but will be flushing the 1st of December to set fresh eggs and was wondering what to mating might work.  I know the other two bulls will not throw traditional shorthorn patterns, but that does not really matter.  Color is the in thing.  I would however like to make this fresh flush one that might throw that traditional color pattern.  The donor is THF and a PHA carrier so this limits a few bulls.  What are your thoughts?

Thoughts right now:
Red Dirt
Starburst

thanks

CAB

If your donor is a smaller framed cow, I would look @ Hannibal & for a SH option Ace of Diamonds.

twistedhshowstock

Well if you are looking for just Shorthorn appearing and not pure shorthorn then I wouldnt argue with Tiger Woods.  I like the Stardust option to. For none shortie appearing calves I have really liked the way I have seen Eye Candy work on some Double Vision cows and I also like how Salty Dog has worked on some.  If she is a big framed cow Thriller may also work pretty well also.

Latest posts