Dr. Bob Kropp

Help Support Steer Planet:

sdf

What kind of Heifers does he Look For in the ring?

TMJ Show Cattle

Didn't know Dr. Bob was still judging. I haven't seen him judge a show in 20 years. He used to judge steers quite often and he was hard to follow. Most classes were up and down in size. Always heard it helped if you had some kind of OSU afilliation. Lots of folks stayed away if they knew he was judging. Hell,compared to some, he might do a bang up job these days.

sdf

He's judging some of the heifers at Fort Worth in January.  We are approaching entry deadline and have a really nice moderate heifer that has been working and a larger heifer that has a lot of growth to her.  We can only take one heifer to Fort Worth and thought I would through it our and see what you all remembered about him.

Thanks

SDf

chambero

I used to know Bob Kropp very well.  But I haven't seen him judge in a long time.  I got to know hiim as a kid in high school when I made some visits to OSU. 

I imagine he will like fairly moderate cattle, but that's no great revelation.

One funny story - He judged our county show one year.  We had a bunch of cocky lamb people that never did anything at majors, but really kind of tried to run things at our county.  I don't know much about showing sheep, but several breeders were in cahoots together and had a bunch of kids that were showing their shee.  Dr. Kropp didn't like something about the sheep AND how the kids were showing them.  He buried every single one of them and then got on the microphone and just blasted the kids and the adults he knew were teaching them to show sheep that way.  He flat out said that our county agents and ag teachers needed to get some outside help to teach the kids in this county to show and feed sheep.  He literally got booed on his reasons.  He couldn't care less.

I liked Bob Kropp and glad to see him back out again.