Dr. Who/Naughty Pine Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

hill321

We have had around 30 Dr Who calves and have not had any trouble. Bw's 80 to 95. We like them, no throw ways,they grow well and stay sound.

Bawndoh

Was wondering what type of cows/heifers these two work on?  Highly considering using them.  I have a couple cows that are eye appealing with good fronts and could use some thickness and depth (but really, what clubby bull adds depth anyhow?).  I also have a couple cows that are real deep and could be cleaned up a bit.  Also have one cow that really needs to be framed up. 
What would you suggest?  Oh, all cows are RA, two are simm/maine/angus.

hill321

Our exp with DW is that the calf's front will follow the cow's. Body depth is average. For us he added thickness and bone to most cows. Temperment has been ok, some have broke really easy and a few were like a timebomb.  Never used NP. I would think he would work on your deep bodied cow's that need cleaning up. I will see if i can find some pic's of our DW's.

Jill

Bawndoh said:
Was wondering what type of cows/heifers these two work on?  Highly considering using them.  I have a couple cows that are eye appealing with good fronts and could use some thickness and depth (but really, what clubby bull adds depth anyhow?).  I also have a couple cows that are real deep and could be cleaned up a bit.  Also have one cow that really needs to be framed up. 
What would you suggest?  Oh, all cows are RA, two are simm/maine/angus.
We love the Dr. Who's, for your 1st senario he would work great, we have had good depth and thickness out of him but he isn't always the cleanest fronted so you should be fine there, in my opinion I wouldn't use him on the ones that need cleaned up or framed up.

shortyjock89

I would probably use Hannibal on the ones that need cleaned up and framed up.  He won't always add depth though.