Dr Who

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

We had a Dr Who calf today, she looks awesome, this is our first Dr. Who- do his calves grow pretty good??? Birthweight was pretty low too, was just wondering what to
expect, if they are late bloomers or early developers???

oakbar

We had three Dr Who calves last year out of two cows & a heifer.  All three of these females are moderate framed.  I don't think I'd call him a low birth weight bull(93,102, 108 lbs) or calving ease for that matter, but we got our two best steers out of him and we plan to use him again next year on those same cows.

KYsteer

Our Dr. Who's have been average for BW.  No problems on that end, we used him mostly on purebred angus cows.  He added thickness and bone, but will not put a real fancy front end on them.  I would breed him to an fancy fronted cow that just needs a little bone and thickness without sacrificing depth.

doubled

Thanks for all the input, we are having some trouble getting her to drink but my son said she is super hairy, and you can sit a scotch comb across her back for witdth pretty easy,
I just  hope she drinks, her momma is a purebred maine that is real clean fronted and big boned, I just hope the little bugger makes it, she was a tad premature so maybe thats why
she wont drink, we are tubing her.  Hope her brain starts working pretty soon though shes too good to lose.  Thanks for the Dr Who input sounds like we may be using him some more
too.