Dream On Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chuck Wagon

I've seen several sale listings on Simmentals that describe that this heifer's pedigree is Dream On free or no Dream On in this pedigree.  Are they talking about it in a way that you could use the bull one her since he has such a long history or some other reason.

Thanks!

b_kackley

They mean you can use him on them or a son of his. He was used so much that in alot of herds every cow is related to him. Either they are a direct daughter, or they are out of his sire who I believe is Nichols Legacy G151.

Bulldaddy

Dream On has been the most popular Simmental bull in the history of the breed--more progeny than any other bull in the breed.  If you are looking for an out cross to Dream On, you would be interested in one that was labeled "Dream On Free" or one having no Dream On in his pedigree.  There are bulls like that out there.  Next, try to find a black Simmental bull that is "600U Free."  That would be a bit more difficult since he was the foundation of most of the black Simmental genetics that exist today.

Chuck Wagon

Thanks for the feedback.  I kind of thought that was the case since he has something like 9,000 offspring.  I have a heifer with Dream On in Pedigree so I will be looking something without the Dream On!

jd438

We have used him, and he has been highly used in the industry.  He is about as good of numbered bull that  you will find.  They easy enough calving with top notch growth.  They will have muscle and good base width, from my experience you need to watch the feet a little bit.  I wouldn't say they are the showiest heifers I have seen, but makes some pretty good bulls.  He should have plenty of sons out there as well that are getting good use as well.

To note that Dream on was used heavily, but what he brought was Nichols Legacy which didn't get as much notice as Dream On himself.  He is in just about any popular calving ease or moderate calving bull out there. 

firesweepranch

Our herd is Upgrade saturated, and we are to a point where we have to use bulls with no Upgrade influence. They are the best females we have on the place, and the calves wean off heavy and grow like weeds. The females make outstanding cows! Our 7th overall bred and owned heifer at the Texas nationals this year is an Upgrade, her dam is a Pacesetter (Shear Force) x Built Right cow.
I'll agree with the feet comment. We have sound cows, so have not had problems with the rear wheels. But I have seen some that should have been left in the field and not taken out to show! Or even left as bulls.

The first pic is an upgrade daughter (7th at Nationals). She was a year in January, and we bred her this week, and weighed her, she is 1050 pounds. She was pulled off grain the first of August, after we finished showing. Just on pasture since then.
The second pic is an upgrade granddaughter, out of a half blood Upgrade cow (17th overall Bred and Owned at Nationals).
The third pic is an Upgrade daughter out of Club King dam. She weighed 1040 when we bred her last week. She is also a September.

Attachments

• PPP_1310 small.JPG
    PPP_1310 small.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 910
  • PPP_9331 small.JPG
    PPP_9331 small.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 905
  • KC1_8597 small.JPG
    KC1_8597 small.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 887

Latest posts