Drug Problem in America

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

Copied from Cattle Today.

The Drug Problem in America

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question , " why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?
I replied : I had a drug problem when I was young :
I was drug to Church on Sunday morning,
I was drug to Church for weddings and funerals,
I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather,
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults,
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me,
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane 4 letter word,
I was drug to the homes of family , friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the lawn, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and if my mother ever knew that I took a single dime for this kindness , then she would have drug me back to the woodshed,
Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin ; and , if todays children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.  Author Unknown

ATOZ

Doc, great article, thanks for sharing it. That is one of the reason we do 4-h, it makes us send time with our kids and teach them right or wrong! But here in Illinois our great governor might withhold all funding to extension services ( including 4-h) if the General Assembly does not give him more funds for shortfall in Chicago. Something good that helps our kids and they want to take it away  ::) ???

showgirl2010

ATOZ said:
Doc, great article, thanks for sharing it. That is one of the reason we do 4-h, it makes us send time with our kids and teach them right or wrong! But here in Illinois our great governor might withhold all funding to extension services ( including 4-h) if the General Assembly does not give him more funds for shortfall in Chicago. Something good that helps our kids and they want to take it away  ::) ???

ATOZ I heard that too.  I can not  wait utill next fall!  I am so sick of living in this state where they cater to Chicago.  I also heard we are trying to get a law passed that will let us revote if we dont like the governor we have.  Believe me I would be doing that right about now.

Jamie

Latest posts