Dry Summer isn't it?

Help Support Steer Planet:

lfarms

It has been very dry this summer here in Missouri our pastures are burning up, ponds getting dried up, cows getting heat stroke  (cow) ,crops drying up,  i wish I would get some rain and some cool weather  <chill>. Anyone agree?

nate53

Spring of 08 till spring of 2011 all it did was rain here and was cool.  July 2011 it stopped raining and got hot, dry mild winter, dry warm spring, now dry hot summer and the crops don't have any subsoil moisture to fall back on so they are just toast unless you are one of the lucky few to get rain (just about need it continuously).  The damage is done to the corn (rain would help some but minimally), there still is a glimmer of hope for beans though.  No matter how bad it get's it always seems like someone has it worse. At least Texas has it better this year as far as rain. ;D  Minnesota and North Dakota seems to be doing very well. ;D  I was always told droughts are good for breaking up soil compaction (the cracks will reach further than any tillage tool). 

I'm ready for winter and ready to leave this year behind.  Hopefully next year is better and not worse?  My two cents.

lfarms

SWMO said:
Dry Summer isn't it?

Zack  That may be the understatement of the year.
Ya it MIGHT, the only 'understatement' i know of is SWMO. (South western Missouri)

RidinHeifer

Took this pic today of a cornfield next to my house.  West central IL

Attachments

• IMAG0770.jpg
    IMAG0770.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 193