Dude 2 or Dude II

Help Support Steer Planet:

brs5

Has anyone heard of a registered simmi bull named Dude 2 or Dude II? I am not sure on the spelling. He would be a whitey red colored bull from about 10 years ago or more

mooch

Try 25 - 30 yrs ago. Big , yellow and white . Seems like Achilles and Signal bloodlines, which about every thing was at the time. Big means 9 - 10 frame score.Ludvison's in NW Iowa may or may not have had something to do with him.Seems like somebody from Iowa was involved with him or his sire , but hey that was a generation ago..

husker1

Dude was a true mellow yellow spotted bull.  Good performance; maybe not the easiest calver.  Had a couple daughters that were nice.  I'm too lazy to look him up today, but was he maybe an Achilles Superstar son?  We used him in the late 80's to early 90's.

vcsf

Dude II was a younger and much less popular full brother to Dude.  These bulls were sired by Achilles Superstar and out of a Signal cow and were raised by Finch Simmentals, Bud and Bob Finch of Ames, Iowa.  I believe that Dude was a champion at Denver but I might be mistaken about this he was a fairly popular AI sire for a time in the mid to late eighties.  Dude was born in 1981 and Dude II in 1985.  I have included a picture of Dude. 

Attachments

• Dude.jpg
    Dude.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 155

firesweepranch

Here is his pedigree and EPD's from ASA

https://herdbook.simmental.org/simmapp/action/animalSearch.AnimalSearchAction?eventSubmit_displayAnimal=T&animalNumber=1059135

Latest posts