Dumb Question But Thought I would ask

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeDirt

I have a March Calf that after he is laying down for a while..... and ready to get up...... he does this.....

What he does is he rocks forward and backwards a few times then get up.

It is like he acts like he is lazy or a FATcalf when he is ready to be slaughtered

I have only see this on FAT Calves.....

Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you all think :)  Be nice no wise cracks  O0

cpubarn

When he is walking does he walk freely with a long stride?

When he stands at the bunk or being tied up does he pick up either leg or swing it?

Cowboy

Unless you have some obvious structure issues with him, and I doubt it at this point -- well -- he is most likely just scratching his belly! hehehe

Really, I see the cows do this all the time, they get close to being ready to get up -- and just rock back and forth a few times, scratches thier lower brisket -- where they can't stick a foot and get to it!

Just something cows do -- tells you he feels good and is takin care of business!

Have a good day!

Terry

knabe

this is one reason i scratch my animals there.  whereever they can't reach with their tongue or toes.  they even like the area around their dew claws scratched.  some get seeds behind their polls and like that cleaned out.  also, check to see if there is any irritation from fly bites.