dyeing a calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

V-H

fixen to dye one for the first time. wanten to know if there is any tips or tricks that will help. goen to use the sullivans blk velvet . thanx 

nobody

Use palpation gloves so you won't get the dye on you or your clothes. We perfer young color II over sullies. We have cut it with sheen and sprayed on before but it doesn't last as long or look as deep and rich as pouring it on and combing it in. It is a little extra effort but worth it  IMO. If you have a Sallies beauty supply where you live they sell something that will take the dye off your nails and skin. I think it is made by Roux. Good luck...

AAOK

V-H said:
fixen to dye one for the first time. wanten to know if there is any tips or tricks that will help. goen to use the sullivans blk velvet . thanx 

My gosh!  Learn to use English grammer.

V-H

get a life, I didn't no I was writing a english paper, just needed to ask a question.

iowabeef

I would not tell someone to "get a life" because they think you should express yourself like an adult. You will get farther in life. Even when "simply asking a question" you should make more of an effort. We all make errors in spelling and typing but at least make an effort.....sorry the school teacher in me. Sorry to take this off subject.

knabe

yoo shood get shoo polish and rub it in reel goot and stuff dont need no glu but it sho globs up thu clipprs,yo.

heck, i woodn try cuz the die job will look lice one of your sentencs, would leaf time fo us to get a live and stuff.

HeiferShower14

TRESemme Color Protection shampoo, works great after you dye and go to wash, keeps the dye in the hair. Dish soap takes it out. IMO

ruhtram

HannaCattle said:
TRESemme Color Protection shampoo, works great after you dye and go to wash, keeps the dye in the hair. Dish soap takes it out. IMO

This is true or at least were my findings too

nobody

Yes..the Tresemme works good. We have also used Quic sliver too.  It is a shampoo for black horses. As far as how long a dye job lasts....I guess around 7 days give or take.  We dye a few days before the show. We have dyed at the show before but we prefer not to.

AAOK

knabe said:
yoo shood get shoo polish and rub it in reel goot and stuff dont need no glu but it sho globs up thu clipprs,yo.

heck, i woodn try cuz the die job will look lice one of your sentencs, would leaf time fo us to get a live and stuff.

(thumbsup)

STEER_1981

AAOK said:
V-H said:

My gosh!  Learn to use English grammer.

If you find time away from correcting other people's grammar, then you should learn how to spell.  For starters, you could learn how to spell grammar.  Good luck!     

knabe

grammar and spelling are two different things.

i spilled coffee on my keyboard so i have to cut and paste many characters now.

on the other hand, i bet AAOK is going to kick himself on that one.

GoWyo

A little misspelling now and then isn't that big a deal, but when the entire post looks like a rural version of "ebonics," it is a little annoying.  The way you present and conduct yourself person to person, over the internet or anywhere else in life is a reflection of what you are really like.  To me, sloppy is as sloppy does.

AAOK

knabe said:
grammar and spelling are two different things.

i spilled coffee on my keyboard so i have to cut and paste many characters now.

on the other hand, i bet AAOK is going to kick himself on that one.

I be not two gud a tipissed and spellar!

MCC

If I have said it once I have said it twice SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!  <alien>

CANsteer

i use nice and easy to dye steers. just like the name implies, it is nice and easy to use. all you have to do is mix the dye and dye activator (don't use the colour protector stuff) in a spray bottle and then add the same amount of sheen ( mix it really well). just spray it on and rub it in with your hands (gloves come in box) the same direction you work the hair. leave it for an hour and then rinse them until water runs clear. usually takes 3 to 4 boxes for a fat steer, not sure about a prospect though.

dutch pride

Just my two cents on the spelling deal; if I receive a job application and there are a lot of misspelled words, it gives a bad impression. Always practicing good spelling will develop good habits.If two applicant have the same qualifications, the one with the correct spelling will get the job. 

I struggle with spelling and have my whole life but I always use the best means available to me to ensure I always make a good imp resion in whatever I do, even texting.

DLZ

Latest posts