dying heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

lcc10

Okaye steerplanet . i am going to die two calves for the first time ever trying this tonight . anything i need to know ? and how long will it be before it(the dye) wont come out(rinse out) anymore cuz we are going to  SASS&R and as we all know they are gonna be "swiped" with a white towel & no oil or color can come out ..

CAB

lcc10 said:
Okaye steerplanet . i am going to die two calves for the first time ever trying this tonight . anything i need to know ? and how long will it be before it(the dye) wont come out(rinse out) anymore cuz we are going to  SASS&R and as we all know they are gonna be "swiped" with a white towel & no oil or color can come out ..

Try to do a search using,"dying hair". There have been some informative threads about dying calves.

GoWyo

There are two kinds of dying/dyeing.  If your heifer is dying, that is bad.  If you are dyeing your heifer, that means you are enhancing the color.  I was afraid this post was about dying heifers -- glad it wasn't.  <beer>

cornershack

what are you using Loreal? someone at our fair had dyed their black heifers, one took the other just looked grey.

D

dogger

This reply is probably too late.  If you did dye them last night hope it went well.  If you are still looking for advice, do not use human hair dye.  It is very drying.  The outcome is generally not good.  Sullivan's Black Velvet is the best.  Follow package instructions.  It is not drying at all.

lcc10

all I have heard is such big talk about sullivans black velvet hair dye . tried it last night and it didn't work . we now have a purple calf . so we're gonna try human hair dye ? but why do ppl say to add keen sheen & how much would you add

chambero

Never had a problem with Sullivans.  The only other thing to use is Young Color II.

If you were trying to dye white to black you've got trouble.  You have to dye white hair red or brown first, and then black.  The brand of dye doesn't matter on that aspect.

Latest posts