E-bay electronic weigh bar scales ???????

Help Support Steer Planet:

showgirl2010

My uncle has electronic scales.  They work well if they are level.  We have used them many times and in my opinion its great to see the number digitally instead of guessing exactly where its at from our old scales.  I would suggest getting cordless, it is a pain with cords getting dirty because they have to weighed on this day and worrying about cattle stepping on them and yourself tripping over them. 

As far as brands, it is a tru-test EZIWEIGH 2.  Like I said its a great improvment, but I would get one that does not have to be on level ground and cordless.

Jamie

JSchroeder

It depends on which seller you are talking about?  Do you have a link?

I bought a scale and weigh bars through Ebay over a year ago so I don't have the information on who I bought them from.  The sale was very easy, shipping was reasonable considering the weight, and the price was about 1/2 what I'd have paid for a new set locally.  We've been nothing but happy with ours.

I'm pretty sure the set I got was refurbished (almost all of the good deals on Ebay are) but we've only had one issue with them and it was my fault for not making sure the cables were far enough out of the way while weighing cattle.  I just had to repair the wire but it wasn't difficult.

cowz

cattlejunky said:
Has anyone purchased a set of these from E-bay?  If so how are they?

We bought a set a few years back, I think from "icscale" and they are awesome.  I really like the battery back up.  you can put them under your fitting chute and weigh in your trailer or stall.    Just make sure you like the one you buy, by using it as soon as it come to you....I think they have a 90 day warranty.  We like to check it by putting 2 50 bags of feed on it.

GLZ

So will they work under a Priefert Squeeze Chute?

I assume they will, which then leads me to wonder how I can get the chute in the air easily so that I can get the weigh bars in an out from underneath the chute.

knabe

here's a current ebay link to what i purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Livestock-Scale-Weigh-Bars-FOR-LARGE-ANIMAL-CATTLE_W0QQitemZ120247669958QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

this listing doesn't provide a link to the reseller i used.  i think i paid about $670 + shipping for mine.  i can't remember if i got the 33 or 40" bars

shipping was fast 3-5 days or something.

here's another link to oem?
http://www.1800scales.com/WB5000-weighbars.html

somehow i found a reseller that listed on ebay and purchased through them instead of direct.  helping redistributing the wealth.

cowz

StillLearning said:
So will they work under a Priefert Squeeze Chute?

I assume they will, which then leads me to wonder how I can get the chute in the air easily so that I can get the weigh bars in an out from underneath the chute.

If you have to use them out on the grass or dirt, just lay down a sheet of plywood under them.  We just chain the chute to a loader bucket and let the chute down on the bars gently.  Takes 2 peoples.

cattlejunky

Thanks for all the info it is a great help.  I forget the brand my husband has been checking them out.  I think the ones he is looking at are around $500-$600.  I will give him all your info.