E-mail circulating OKC about gangs

Help Support Steer Planet:

KCK

I know this is not a cattle related topic, but most of us do have other jobs to supplement our love for showing cattle. This is an e-mail I received from my normally level headed husband who believed it to be true. I checked it out on snopes.com, after seeing an article in the paper, to see if there was any truth behind it. Low and behold, it just sent many people into some sort of hysterics!

Sorry- couldn't copy and paste :))) Please follow the link!

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/brick.asp

knabe

this might be true from as reported by some guy running for mayor of LA

According to figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau today, of the 3.8 million people who live in the City of Los Angeles, at least 928,416 are “Foreign born; Not a Citizen.” That’s over 24% of the city’s entire population.

To put that into perspective, the California Secretary of State says there are 834,406 voters registered as Democrats in the City of Los Angeles, 300,129 as “Decline to State,” and 278,645 as Republicans.

Are you wrapping your gray matter around that one? There are more foreign-born non-citzens in our city than there are registered Democrats. And there are more than three foreign-born non-citizens for each independent, or each Republican.

Furthermore, 225,994 of L.A.’s foreign-born non-citizens live below the so-called “poverty level.” So we’ve got over a quarter of a million foreigners living in our city below the poverty level. We are importing poverty, big-time.

{snip}

The Census did not report on how many of L.A.’s foreign-born non-citizens are here illegally. Nor, of course, did the Census report on how many vote illegally.

BIGTEX

I was in OKC a couple of months ago for business and my wife was riding next to me. Three kids in a mini van started shooting our truck and trailer w/ a paint ball gun. I almost hit two other cars w/ my trailer. We did get their plate #'s and the police found them at their parents house. They had to wash our truck and trailer.Pretty funny. My wife and I had  just been talking about how nice OKC was. It's a shame a few can spoil it for the rest. 

Latest posts