Early '09 calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

stumpy

Here are a few of our early calves. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Gus Velvet wt 1.jpg
    Gus Velvet wt 1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Gus Margie 3.jpg
    Gus Margie 3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Gus Margie 3.jpg
    Gus Margie 3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 286

stumpy

Posted one twice :))) Here are a couple more.

Attachments

• Roan Velvet 2.jpg
    Roan Velvet 2.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Solution x Vixen 1.jpg
    Solution x Vixen 1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 303

stumpy

The last calf is about a month older than the others. The other calves were born from 2-9 to 2-13. I wish we could get a rain to freshen them up. All of the cattle are full of dust (just like my eyes and lungs).

Jill

stumpy said:
The last calf is about a month older than the others. The other calves were born from 2-9 to 2-13. I wish we could get a rain to freshen them up. All of the cattle are full of dust (just like my eyes and lungs).

I hear you, we have missed almost ever bit of moisture that has come through, it could be an ugly summer if we don't get some moisture pretty soon.

TMJ Show Cattle

Only have seen a few calves from "Gus" but it sure looks like he is going to be a "Player" for sure. We have what I think is a very good show heifer that is solid white out of Wernacres Ace High" that is being campaigned in Oklahoma this spring,that I'm hoping to be a good canadate for "GUS" when we breed her this summer or late spring. Can't wait til next year!!

OH Breeder

Can you tell us more about Velvet and Vixen? I am assuming the is the ALden Velvet line or Byland? Those two are my picks.

Davis Shorthorns

I saw all of these calves this weekend and they all look better in person.  The Gus x Vixien was my favorite, but they all looked great. 

oakbar

Nice calves, Stumpy!!  I hope I get to see them in person some time.  I was in Wichita last week but I didn't have enough time to make a side trip--sure thought about it though!! 

Our Gus calf is due anytime now--I've been penning up five synchronized cows and heifers each night and putting the Lovely Lady heifer in the calving pen (the one with the camera for our "barn channel" )so I'm hoping in the next few days to have some news for you!!

Also, we'll be flushing Myrtle Bo on the 11th with the sexed Gus semen so keep your fingers crossed we're hoping for a good flush!!

Good luck with the rest of your calving season!!

stumpy

OHB-  FG Miss Vixen is the cow we raised that won Denver in 2007. She is a Vortec out of a double clean Double down cow.
          The Velvet cow actually decends from the Blossom cow family and picks up her name from her paternal grand dam. Her sire is AKF Monopoly and her reg name is DFS Velvet 760.

Davis-  When I get a chance I will try to get the Vixen x Gus bull(her natural calf) pictured. I like him too. I really had a nice time with you guys so come back any time.

Oakbar- I can't wait for a call! We are about 1:45 from most parts of Wichita, come on out if you get back this way.

K_State_Katy

I was just going to comment about the Gus/Vixsen, I can't wait to see him compete in a year or 2!!! The Gus calves were solid all the way through. All the ones I've seen are out of great cows, but I sure haven't seen a bad one!!! I think he's the real deal!

PS I was with Davis Farms this weekend...I'd be the girlfriend.

OH Breeder

K_State_Katy said:
I was just going to comment about the Gus/Vixsen, I can't wait to see him compete in a year or 2!!! The Gus calves were solid all the way through. All the ones I've seen are out of great cows, but I sure haven't seen a bad one!!! I think he's the real deal!

PS I was with Davis Farms this weekend...I'd be the girlfriend.

You have my sympathy......LOL just kidding.

Great to get feedback from an unbias source. I ordered some TM Gus for us this spring. I have some cows in mind. After seeing more and more calves, it is giving me an idea which cow will be the lucky one!

oakbar

Yeah, from what I've seen "way better half" should be pretty accurate!!  Katy must have a really good sense of humor or poor eyesight!!    At least that's what people tell my significant other!!  LOL